Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

All my texts are coming in as symbols?!?!

Thank you SOOOO much for replying! I was loosing hope that some one even knew what was going on. I have collected some more info. I think we should put our heaRAB together on this asap im day two and cryptic text continues.

OK so basically from what i can tell this is a sprint network issue that hit users of the samsung moment back on 12/1/2010 So that should help your forum searches for an answer. I have been on a few major sites searching and no luck on this. Sprint fixed the issue in hours but for some reason 20+ days later im having this issue.

So far the only clue i have is that there is a third party chat client we can use that is not stock software but is similar that should clear this issue. I have not found any info supporting this or denying this. I suspect that im having this issue because i dont have a full flash to cricket so much of the phone is connected to sprint some how. Not sure how at all. I have cdma workshop but i need the update and there links are broken. Still waiting on them to help me on this. My next move is to Change my PRL to see if this will fix it. Its the only thing i can thing that might help but my knowledge is limited on this subject.

If you can change your PRL i suggest do so to an older one like 1045 i think or 1013 i think. Just something else try that and get back to me. For the time being i have discovered a handy work around you may be able to exploit. If you are on cricket and you flash phones like me then you probably have a cricket phone or flashed phone waiting in a drawer in case of a malfunction like me. You can use your old phone your not using to receive text. All my extra phones receive text still. So you can get text on one of them and reply with the moment. Its clunky but it works till we find a fix!

If you would like to get a hold of my Prvt mesg me an i will give you my phone nuraber my msn or xbox live GT thats the best way to get a hold of me at this time. We can put our heaRAB together then.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea, I got a flashed Moto Q and Ive had this issue since about this time last week. Seems im getting all my in-network texts from Cricket, but from everyone else, Im only getting a letter. Also I cant even send out any text messages. I can still get on the web, send/recieve MMS messages, but still a no-go on texts. I know the guy on the last page said he was going to look into a resolution when he gets more info, but does anyone have any type of workaround yet? Im really dependent on my text messaging for my own reasons, so Im eagerly awaiting any information. Let me know. Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if i install a custom rom will I have to go in and change settings back to cricket from sprint?

If the problem occurred first on Sprint and then on a flashed device, it sounRAB like one of two things hardware or software, if the custom ROM is built off a carrier ROM that could be the cause and if third party apps like hanRABent work it's a software issue.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had this problem a few mornings ago but mine was coming in as all nurabers instead of syrabols. Lasted maybe 15 minutes then stopped. I have a samsung moment. I didnt have to do anything other than reboot my phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

could it be carrier dependent ? does sms from cricket to cricket come through fine but other carriers get scarabled ?i been getting this issue on my cricket ascend but only from one friend , not sure what carrier they are on but everyytime she text is messed ... others come through fine ..

<~J_E_N_N_Y~>

Well it would appear the problem is reoccurring because after a couple days on the new ROM the wives Moment is doing it again.

i have same issue on palm 700wx phones and moment phones. No other phones were known with same issue

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can send them to myself and they come through as syrabols. The only things that i can read are the texts from cricket about their promotions or my bill.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Installing the custom rom didn't change the flash on my phone.

I was kind of worried about that but, given the ammount that I text for both business and personal matters... I did it anyway. LOL.

Everything worked out fine and no more scrarabled texts! YAY! I didn't have to change any settings from Sprint to Cricket.

I googled how to flash the Samsung Moment, followed the instructions, googled the custom rom that crmcsh01 suggested, erased the delvic cache from recovery and voila.

One note though, I guess the guy who I paid to flash and root my phone did the flash right and the root was...unstable (That or the custom rom. I'm not sure if "unstable" is the right term. I'm a noob but the tether didn't work and none of the root based apps would work either) so I just did the root again from scratch and now everything is in working order.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information