Hey All,

As some of you will know from a few posts I have made recently my Wife and I have bought a new Victorian house and although there is loaRAB of DIY work for me in the house it has become apparent I am rubbish at DIY (However that is a discussion for another day).

I have decided I want to get myself a useful hobby that may be of some use. Now I plan to do a plastering course soon but that is not a hobby. I have therefore decided I want to be able to make furniture both for use around our home as well as just being more confident when working with wood.

I have therefore decided I am going to take a cabinet making / woodwork class at my local college as a night class. However the next in-take is not until Septeraber and as I am quite excited about my new hobby I want to try and learn more about it.

I was watching YouTube Videos about Mortice and Tenon joints and I wondered what sort of tool/machinery do you need to create these joints? I am not sure if these are created by lathes and if you get hobby/shed sized versions?