Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

hijack split from Official PRL thread

On Digital-only phones (Evo, hero, eris, incredible, most DroiRAB, etc), a 4xxxx PRL will not work.

4xxxx designates tri-band phones which include Analog (cancer-inducing, battery draining) signal. This is necessary in places like New York City for reasonable service.

Using 4xxxx.prl on, for example, an HTC Hero, will make the phone randomly not work, drop internet connection intermittently, and cause the phone to have erratic reception.

3xxxx prl's are digital only, 1x and 3g (evdo) PRL's, that are used for most modern phones.

The Ascend and other Cricket phones will get 4xxxx PRL's as a result of being tri-band phones, to take advantage of many of the tower/locations that Cricket has leased for their service.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

huh... interesting. very interesting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My EVO has been on the 42700 prl for a month now and has been working fantastic

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hijack split and moved, in the future please review the posted rules before posting.

Here's A little bit more info:
    Cricket's tri-band devices operate on dual CDMA 800/1900 Mhz and AWS frequencies. They do not operate on analog. In New York city cricket operates on the AWS band or on Partner CDMA coverage by Sprint and also Metro PCS coverage, a flashed Hero will work fine there when traveling. The Ascend is AWS tri-band. Not to be confused with devices like Sprint's Sanyo SCP-5500 that is dual mode triband, "meaning it receives an Analog AMPS signal along with CDMA 850/1900 Mhz" The 4xxxx PRL's I've seen mainly on Android devices/60z plans and appear to work fine.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm curious if this is why my net is acting weird...It just stopped working this morning and I'm in AZ. Didn't do anything to it either. Edit: I have a fascinate.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nevermind...I'm using PRL 32100...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information