Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Use Cricket Mobile Web for my PC

I've been trying to tether too. I have a Samsung PayGo (don't have model #, but it had DUN). The #777 is incorrect. I don't have the correct nuraber, but I'd like to have it. Does anyone know what it is?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

@doronbc

But when I directly call #777, I get the "feature code you dialed is" not correct... etc. The Windows box in which you place the nuraber suggests you call the nuraber to see if you hear a modem. I don't hear a modem, of course.

So how can the phone itself get something I can't get using the phone?

~~ Nehmo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is just like all the other times I've asked about the nuraber #777. It finally enRAB with no response. If you call #777 normally, you get an error message. It is NOT, therefore, the correct nuraber. So what is?

The correct nuraber, when called, should give the sound of a modem. It doesn't matter who or what calls the nuraber, it will answer the same way.

~~ Nehmo

BriarKat

I can honestly say the correct is in fact: #777, it has been proven to be the correct #. Unlike dialing a traditional DUN # (10Digits) wireless WAP protocol is different and carriers have the right to block those nurabers (#777 for cricket) from being dialed manually with a phone.

You posted a good link on a howto above, I just followed it and it works on my back up phone Sanyo SCP-5500, using #777 with some modifications of menu codes and driver. Also just hooked up via USB changed the proxy setting in firefox and it also worked.

I might recommend the following:
    Check the phone to make sure DUN is connected and correct, make sure the cable is a Data cable not just a sync cable, make sure that WAP is on the Paygo account, Make sure you have a 3g/EV icon "not 1x. "If internet works on the phone then the code is correct"

Just some suggestions, I just hate to see you beat your self to death over trying to dial a feature code that is block from dialing.

Wireless carriers block these codes to prevent people from abusing them. Otherwise you wouldn't even need the phone and could use any phone to make the connection like with traditional Dial up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You don't need to setup DUN, just hookup through USB, you should get a new network connection with packets going back and forth, just change the proxy settings in your browser to wap.mycricket.com:8080

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Make sure you have a 3g/EV icon "not 1x. " '

Icon? The service is 3g I assume. The phone gets the web OK by itself.

I don't know the difference between a data and a sync cable. It's just a USB cable with 4 wires.

You're saying Cricket blocks #777 when dialed manually. But not blocked if the phone's software calls.

I'll have another go at it. Maybe I need to get off the Paygo account and get the regular monthly service. But, actually, I don't see how that can make a difference.

~~ Nehmo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

@ doronbc, I don't need to set up DUN? Let's get this straight: Connect the phone via USB > Change proxy setting in browser > Then what?
    I have a Samsung-R100 (Cricket calls it a Stunt) http://www.mycricket.com/cell-phones...s/Samsung-R100
    ~~ Nehmo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes most carriers will block the feature codes for WAP. "It's more like an access code" You could try Enabling DUN, installing the drivers again, check the com port for conflicts, then start the process all over again.

"Eh...?"

I'm sorry, I misread what model phone you have, I does look like you need to enable DUN. But once you do that and change the proxy settings on your computer browser, you should be able to start browsing the web on your computer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who would really use the u340 for teathering thats being really cheap the phone was free and the plan is only 45 i believe it was just your phone that was the problem i would go with and android for ten more dollars a month

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information