Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Use Cricket Mobile Web for my PC

What about the DUN nuraber? Apparently, the #777 is incorrect. (When called normally, you get "...the feature code...is not supported"). I have Win 7 on the laptop; what do I use for the nuraber? This page,
    http://www.acreativedesktop.com/setu...one-modem.html , which appears to be based on the connection setup from Win XP, shows someone using #777.

{And I thank you for the response. I've been trying to figure this out for over a month. I'm still not successful, but there must be a way.}
    ~~ Nehmo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a stunt, which is also a cheap-o, but what difference should that make? It gets the Internet on its own; it should give it via tethering.
    And an "Android" is an operating system used on mobile phones; it's not a phone itself. Lots of phones use Android.
    And "ten more dollars a month" than what? Are you referring to a Cricket plan contrasted with another plan?

~~ Nehmo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been asking everybody I can (who may know about Cricket) what the correct DUN nuraber is as #777 is incorrect. Nobody can or will answer. But there must be a way to discover the correct nuraber. Is there some way I can "listen" to a real Cricket USB modem to see what nuraber it calls? Or is there some way I can interrogate the modem to reveal the nuraber? It must be resettable, so there must be some method via connecting it via USB and running something on the computer.
    Is there some forum where advanced cell-tech people congregate?

~~ Nehmo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're right, in theory it shouldn't matter. But you have to look where most of the support lies, there are thousanRAB of posts out there describing how to get any/all Android phone, (regardless of manufacturer) to work with Cricket, but with the Stunt, if you do a quick search for Stunt tethering, you don't get a lot of useful results.

All androiRAB phones run the linux kernel, so if you think about it, the android platform has almost 20 years of work behind it, and a gigantic support community. That's really why it's useful when working with carriers like cricket, since its linux, developers had a much easier time writing apps to tether. But with a samsung stunt, since the software is very infantile in comparison, and because there hasn't been a mass adoption like Android & by extension Linux OS's, it's really just soo much easier to go with a proven method and not re-invent the wheel.

As for the additional $10/month, basically its much less of a hassle to get a non-Cricket Android phone to work on the Android plan than on the cheaper $45/month Cricket data plan, and you also get faster 3G speeRAB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information