Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iPhone OS - Folders Guide

Folders - A new way to organize your apps.

* Make room for more apps.

Thanks to the App Store, you can choose from over 200,000 apps and games. But these apps can fill your Home screens pretty quickly. That’s where the new Folders feature comes in. It gives you an easy way to keep your apps organized and declutter your Home screens. And you can launch your favorite apps with a couple of taps.

* Creating a folder is easy.

To create a folder, touch and hold an app until it wiggles, drag it onto another app, and you’re done. You can repeat the process with more apps. For example, you can put all the games your daughter plays in one folder, all your news apps in another, and all your productivity apps in yet another. You can also create folders and organize apps using iTunes on your Mac or PC, then sync it all back to your iPhone.

Naming your folders — it’s automatic.

iPhone automatically assigns a name to your folder based on the category of the apps inside it: Games, News, Sports, and so on. Of course, you can change the folder names to whatever you want, such as Katie’s Games or Baseball Apps.

Download apps to your heart’s content.

You can have up to 180 folders on your iPhone. And since each folder can hold 12 apps, that means you can keep up to 2160 apps organized on your iPhone at any time. Which is a great way to use all those gigabytes of storage available in iPhone 4.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to admit, this is a very amazing piece of information. In fact, I am reading it as a review on the new iPhone 4 folder creation. I found this new method quite amazing. But isn’t it not user friendly? I mean one won’t know how to create a folder if they don’t search around for information or they don’t even know that such functions exist. I personally think that they still need to have a menu or so to increase user friendliness.

CAAS

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

folders is really good to use especially when you have 9 pages full of apps and hate looking through it all, atm i have one folder but only a few pages of apps

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I created a couple of folders on mine but it appears I'm unable to drag icons onto other screens. Say, on screen one I made a folder and then wanted to drag an app icon from screen two onto screen one and into the folder as well. How is this accomplished?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never mind...I was being lazy. I figured it out that with the phone docked in iTunes you can use the app tab to move the icons.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone tried putting a folder in a folder?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kinda went the wrong way with that but okay xD

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It wsa just a little joke Brother. It's mildly funny if you let it be. But...sorry I guess.

those folders will be real handy once the pages go up to 6+ but atm i have the one default utilites one

No need to apologize, I hate it when people apologize when they haven't done anything wrong :P

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information