Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Flashing software (CDMA workshop)

Ok I know nothing about flashing phones but after searching I found out of (CDMA Workshop)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

First of all, I am not a flasher but do have tremendous respect for what they do and their skills (which require a lot of time and effort to obtain as well as a few "bricked" phones along the way.)

Cdma Workshop is THE tool for Cdma flashing and there is just no way around it. There are many different versions out there. The latest is supposed to be able to do things the earlier ones couldn't. You might be able to find an older version online that you can mess with to get a rough idea of the capabilities.

$100 is really cheap if you consider what you can potentially get out of this.

If you are serious about learning how to flash phones, there is a cost.
    1)Asking for the whole kit and kaboodle to be handed to you won't garner you any answers. Most flashers learned it on their own too.
    2)If you want it handed to you, and some pros do obtain it that way, you will have to pay a lot more then $100. A local top phone flasher in my area charged $500 to teach others and even then he felt that was cheap. And it is when you can fullflash 10 phones at $50 each and make all your money back within a short period of time.
    3)Lurk, search other forums like Mobile Files US or Cdma Gurus and read, read, read. Take notes.
    4)There is cheaper software and tools out there besides Cdma WS, but none of them are as complete or come close. It's $100 a year. That adRAB up to less then 30 cents a day. If you do one flash a day at $20, you are making thousanRAB more then you put in.

Cdma Workshop originates in Russia. They are slow to respond on support. Don't tick them off, they can cut you off. Be patient. Their English is imperfect and they respond on Russian time (slow).
    5)Be prepared to "brick" phones or having a few rendered useless in the beginning (use cheap, junk, broken phones at the beginning is my recommendation). That is part of the growing process. Be proud of your bricks. Just never make the same brick twice.

Newbies who take the beggar or demander approach almost always get shut down, treated with contempt, etc. I'm just trying to cushion the impact for you. There is no phone flashing school. You are pretty much on your own. How you will be treated by the flashing communities is up to you. If you put in the time, effort, energy and take an intelligent approach to asking questions (i.e. asking when all other avenues are exhausted) you will get a lot more support then just going out and being another newbie begging for something for nothing.

And that's just the truth.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This and the other forums are great places to learn. CDMA WS is a key tool to have, but when I started I used what was freely available.
    There are some phones that you can achieve a full flash using the manufacturers pst like LGNPST, QPST, and some that you'll need to use a corabination of tools with.

But ultimately it comes down to research, and trial and error. You might see a tutorial by one user here for a HTC Touch and then see one on gurus that is totally different because it's shorter and achieves the same out come.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information