Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you run your home economy the way you expect to see the Federal Government run?

Not in the airport they don't.

I have no idea what the rest of your post is rarabling about. I just thought it was interesting that you would analogize adults (who do have all those rights) subject to the United States government with children subject to their parents.

As for me, I would rather compare the government to children. Unfortunately, today they are the equivalent of children who have learned they can get whatever they want if they throw a loud enough tantrum. And that's on the rare occasions they are being supervised at all.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you run your home economy the way you expect to see the Federal Government run?

paris hilton has made herself quite a huge sum of money. I only hope to be a sliver as successful as she is

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since the founding fathers were immoral, they didn't derive their power from morality

They derived their power from the people who sent them to outline the rights they wanted their nation to afford its citizens

What's hilarious is that most of these "rights are natural" blah blah "I'm against tyranny" blah blah, were the same people who said gay rights, specifically gay marriage were wrong

Yet again showing how flawed their outlook on rights is

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

People grant themselves rights already protected by the Constitution? People grant themselves the "Right to free speech" when they vote every four years even though that right is protected by the First Amendment? People grant themselves the right of freedom of religion when they vote even though it's also protected by the First Amendment???? WTF???

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, I didn't even see that post.

Wow... just... wow

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

oic

Well, a federal guarantee was good enough for mortgage lenders too. And the federal government does have a history of bailing people out whether it can afford to or not. But it's worth pointing out that the federal government wasn't so much in danger of running out of credit two and a half years ago, before the national debt was run up by an additional 40%.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My economy is run pretty much the exact way I want the fed run.

I spend far less than I take in and I utilize temporary cheap labor (gf) while not allowing said labor any rights in the decisionmaking process. I make use of responsible borrowing practices (dad) in order to ensure cash flow for emergencies.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

... unless your religion says you can smoke pot and you do so in the comfort of your own home or in your temple, then they can pretty much all but prevent you from doing so, by regulating the buying and even growing, and it wouldn't harm on anyone elses right.

Or guns, where I can make an "auto sear" or silencer or take a hack saw to a shot gun. Forget even shooting the gun legally after that, just doing THAT will call the FeRAB down upon me, even though we have a Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms.

Etc, etc, etc.

The government IS WAY over their authority on many things these days. Even the "if it doesn't hurt anyone else" rule doesn't apply anymore.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Families never need to prepare for disaster, because it's the government's job to take care of us when bad things happen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information