Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Zio update!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Thats what my Droid X tells me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

I did the update earlier today, and it is nice so far. Phone seems quicker, apps to sd card is awesome, and it added more homescreens.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

this is email i received from corporate

"Topic
    Android OS Update: Sanyo ZIO 1.6 to 2.2 Transition

Effective Date

21Jan2011

Description

As planned , the new promotional pricing for the Zio 1.6 has generated a LOT of excitement and sales this year. Our order volume have increased by 4 fold since the Holidays. We have been working closely with Kyocera for the best process to transition to the ZIO with Android 2.2 (Froyo).

A few key items to note:

· As of today, ZIO with Android 1.6 inventory is out of stock at Brightpoint
    · Since the sell through of Zio 1.6 has been faster than anticipated, we are working with Kyocera to accelerate the introduction of the ZIO with Android 2.2. Availability should be in the late-February/early-March timeframe.
    · Consequently, we anticipate that for most of February Zio product will not be available at Brightpoint.
    · Keep in mind that there is a strong inventory of BOTH the Huawei Ascend and the BlackBerry Curve at Brightpoint. A new smartphone is on its way in March as well to round out our robust Smartphone portfolio.

Stay tuned for specific instructions for existing customers toupgrade their ZIO to Android 2.2. Zio with Android 2.2 will be an even cooler device for Cricket customers!"

so the zio is no longer available for sale in cricket stores as of right now when the existing inventory is depleted. they say late feb to early march for new stock with 2.2

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

FINALLY an answer!! I wonder what the new smartphone will be? Zio with 2.2 will be cool but something new and faster would be better!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

For the most part yes, as long as you aren't in a special AWS market(uses different frequency), just about any CDMA(non-sim card) phone will work on Cricket. You can even access the market on the Non-Android Cricket web plans, http://www.xda-developers.com/forum/...d.php?t=730289. If you're on the Android plan, the only thing you need to do to get an Android phone working is dial *228 to program your settings, after that you should be able to access the market with no problems.

Zio update!

Wait for it. Wait for it. LMAO

Update news what I bunch of crap.

I have said it before Kyocera and Sanyo should be erabarrass to have put out a phone with 1.6 Or for cricket for even asking.

Hang your heaRAB low.

Feb 6 no word yet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

I downloaded it yesterday. Works great. New looks more home screens. A lot faster and smooth. About time this update came out. Much better phone now. Took about 40 minutes to update. :hehehe::hehehe::hehehe::hehehe:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

Doronbc- I have Boost now but am looking for a better phone . How do I know if Im in a special AWS market? I know nothing about Cricket and am a little fresh at switching and setting up non-provider phones. I got my Touch Pro to work on Boost but am having a lot of issues, I think i just bought a bad phone. The new Zio looks nice but if people are saying its buggy or the screen isnt as good, Id be up for buying a diff android phone, though I can't spend more then about $200.00 or so, thats my finance limit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

What he said. MUCH better phone now with 2.2.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zio update!

I want to buy another zio but none on the web site, do you think theres any at the retail sores?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information