Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4.3 OS personal hotspot?

i updated my iphone 4 with the latest 4.3 OS and in a magazine this week, i read it nows allow to share a "personal hotspot" for other iDevices which only have wifi but no 3G.

so if i take my parents ipad1 away from a wifi router, i can use the iphone4 cellular 3G signal to surf the net on my ipad, is that correct?

anybody tried this before? how can i secure my iphone personal hotspot is secure for my ipad only and not let other people connect to it? my parents took some vacations and took their ipad so i cant try it right now.

im asking this in order to know if i can save money on the latest ipad 2 with only wi-fi... not the one with 3G which cost 100$ more!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4.3 OS personal hotspot?

You need to pay for the tethering package in order for you to enable this feature with att.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4.3 OS personal hotspot?

You can do that with the iPad. I do it with the ipod touch in the car for my daughter. You can create a password so its fairly secure.

Most networks will charge a tethering allowance to use the hotspot feature but my network 3 in the UK has it for no extra charge...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4.3 OS personal hotspot?

OK, thanks guys - so thetering obliges me to pay an extra... by day? by hour spent? by bytes downloaded? must i contact my operator first to activate it or ist automaticly added to my monthly bill?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4.3 OS personal hotspot?

Tethering is an additional data allowance like your normal data one. You pay monthly for a certain amount of gigabytes...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information