Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

Lucky I was just testing it out so I didn't get lost. But I did get confused when my phone was sending me back the wrong way at a roundabout. Then I realised it was a different route. Lol.

I don't know why they haven't either as android and nokia both have it built in. My guess is that it would hurt sales of those expensive sat nav apps...

iOS 5 Navigation?

ah you did the right thing.. i relied on it at a time when i was in a rush to get some where and it really messed up my plan.. i should of done what you did but i was not going any where that i did not already know the way which should not have mattered...

yeah apps like tomtom that cost like £60 in the app store for the europe version i think i would get that but i would not want to pay the £60 as i dont use the sat nav enough and i hope when i soon buy a car to have the sat nav built in the car

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

To be honest I've not been anywhere yet that I didn't know the way. If I did need it then I would of ended up in the same boat as you. Lol. Apple need to change I a bit before the final release.

I would rather just buy a proper tomtom for £100 than spend £60 on the app...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

yeah because it drains the battery so then you spend another £20/30 on a car charger.. for me it drained the battery to 0% when i used maps for a few hours

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

Yep. You will probably need the tomtom cradle to boost your gps signal as well. That's another £99...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

I'm still really surprised that Apple has not really kicked it into high gear getting their own turn by turn software.

This is a huge selling point for Android. And if Apple for their own free integrated Gps software they could really slow or stop android in its tracks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

agreed, atm i think maps is useless and horrible to use even if does does find every where you want to go to.. getting there is another thing using maps

iOS 5 Navigation?

This was the tipping/selling point for me when deciding between android or iPhone.

I find it incredibly useful on a weekly basis and just perfectly integrated into Android

It is a no brainer to include it in your OS.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

jailbreak will provide turn by turn a long time before apple add it.. if they decide to

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 Navigation?

Goes the new iOS take advantage of bluetooth GPS devices if I wanted to use an external device instead in the integrated one?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information