Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Activate phone that cannot find a signal

CRICKET KYOCERA M1000 LINGO WILD CARD CAMERA PHONE

I got this phone brand new from ebay (although it's a couple years old, it was new in packaging and had never been used). Over the phone Cricket transferred all the nurabers under the battery and *228 should have activated it. However, it said "Initial programming needed" and could not find a signal. I took it to the Cricket guy in the mall and he couldn't get it to works so we attempted to transfer service back to my old phone. It went through programming fine, but when I try to place a call I get a busy signal and texts do not come through. So now neither phone will work. I took it to a corporate Cricket location and they could not fix the issue either. All they did was transfer the battery nurabers back to the new phone that I want activated and told me to wait for a call from their tech department sometime within the next 3 days. On what phone are they supposed to call? I do not have a working one!

Now "Initial Programming Needed" is gone from the phone, but it still cannot find a signal and when I *228 it, it says "Could not complete call"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Assuming you are in a Cricket area, you can try to dial *22807 to force it to the Cricket OTA programming system (even with an old PRL). That may be a shot in the dark, but I would give that a shot. If you have an updated PRL but it's still not working it may be a defective phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Could not complete call". Bummer!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dual band phone. You are in a tri band area. Wont work.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information