Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket PAYGo questions

I have some questions about Cricket PAYGo service and I haven't been able to find any answers:

1. BYOD possible? Some say yes, some say no ...

Data:

2. I am assuming it's a variety of EVDO, correct?
    3. What are the typical data bandwidth (speedtest) and rated bandwidth?
    4. If I purchase the $3/day plan, are there any daily caps on data usage?

5. Switching between $1/$2/$3 plans ... How do I switch?

It *seems* like they pop you into the appropriate tier based on the services you use and balances available in your account, or do you have to enter a code from you phone to swap between the three tiers?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket PAYGo questions

1. No. It may have been possible in the past, when HO was still available as an activation system, but that has been shut down.

2. EVDO is currently available on 1 PayGo device. That's the Samsung Messager Touch r631

3. Since the Messager Touch is Rev0, it tops out at about 400-500 kbps down...and 75-100kbps up.

4. Upon examination of PayGo T&Cs, there is no specific mention of data caps. Though there is mention that service may be terminated for any reason...also is you're using the service in a way that disrupts the network...yada yada. My guess is that it's too loose to interpret as a threat against tethering.

5. Only way to switch is by dialing 611 and asking care to move you between plans.

Plans definitely do not self adjust to accommodate your specific usage. If you're on the $1 daily (local calls only) and make long distance calls, it does not auto bump you to the $2 daily. Instead, it drains 10 cents per minute out of your balance. Same with a-la-carte services like data. You can be on the $1 daily plan...as soon as you use web, it charges another 25 cents per day used. Which isn't bad...if you can figure out how to tether and only wind up paying $1.25 per day you use the web.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket PAYGo questions

Ok thanks. That's a very useful response. Doesn't seem that Cricket is my best bet for paygo phone service right now. I'll probably go with PagePlus for now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information