Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Income up 35%, make 8.9 billion in 6 months, cut 25,000 jobs!

you're wrong because you are taking the naive approach that special interests don't give individual corporations, entities, or groups special privilege.

if you want to stand on " lol, they didn't give it to them, they made it" that's fine, but you are really missing the forest from the trees.

that's just less money they have to set aside for overhead.

Liberals don't believe you have a right to your income. What you keep is simply a gift from the government.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

God I cant believe I made a pro-Bush argument

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

.....butter is domestic spending. you can't go back to 1930 and change the meaning.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Look dude, you an I generally agree, you're just a little misguided because you took the elite's propaganda seriously.

People working for a multinational bank (Chinese owned bank) getting laid off is not the people you want to cry about here

The gift is the disruption of competition in the market... When the government offers subsidies or tax advantages to a particular firm, or classification of firms, then it disrupts competition and we are all worse off for it. If the law lays out an unfair playing field, looking at the company getting the breaks and saying "see the government is finally doing something right," while the rest of the industry, or competitive industries get nothing, truly is "missing the forest for the trees" as stated previously. Because you arent really applauding a more just and less invasive tax system, you are applauding a more unjust and more invasive tax system. Government manipulation and intervention in markets must be judge by more than the tax rate, but also by how those tax rates, subsidies and incentives are applied throughout the industry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HanRAB up everybody who is in favor of giving the government more power over every aspect of people's lives and businesses AND loves to whine about lobbyists and special interests which are the natural result of this sort of thing

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree, they arent people. Therefore they shouldn't have to pay taxes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Of course I know what it is. The bosses there are doing exactly what they are paid to do. I don't begrudge them making their money.

What I simply can't fathom is how so many average, working people could evenly remotely support a system where this type of corporate behavior is not only encouraged, it is and rewarded through OUR government tax code. The government WE elect.

In my eyes, anyone who supports things like a lower tax rate for the rich and keeping open loopholes that allow rich people and profitable companies to pay less in taxes is basically saying that they, as working individuals prefer to shoulder a higher tax burden to support this fucked up system.

Do you work and pay taxes? If so, do you realize that you paid more in taxes last year than GE? Do you realize that it is very likely that you paid a much higher rate in taxes than Warren Buffett?

Are you actually cool with that? Do you still believe in the fallacy that giving a very small population an enormous piece of the pie will make the pie bigger for everyone else?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the difference there is that's the free market at work, not the work of paid lobbyists who can disguise corporate welfare by making it sound much more benign than it is to the electorate.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information