Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

People who are anti-union are the biggest idiots ever

It sucks that the IAFF is in a position where there's no real reason for them to change their ways. There really isn't any way for them to lose market share.

When you look at building trades, what you're describing used to be the status quo. Now they've been losing market share, and the local branches with intelligent leaders have been pushing for change in their groupthink. They realize that protecting incompetent people doesn't actually help the union. It's amazing it took them this long to figure that out, but at least it's a start.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

of inefficiency...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

please educate me on how I can still be employed when my employment is based on being a meraber of the union? serious question btw.
    I am a non meraber of the union and pay reduced dues due to Beck's law, but all existing and future employees must pay either meraber or non meraber dues, we are a closed shop state.

I'm sure he meant that now, today, you'd get the same protections with or without a union, and he's technically correct in that regard. It still doesn't really work out that way, but he is technically correct.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

wouldnt give a shit if unions were all gone but those morons who keep claiming tax cuts for the rich are going to create jobs need to shut the fuck up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

THIS. it's impossible for me, the pilot, to fight an entire team of corporate lawyers to prove that my decision to not fly without air conditioning or into a thunderstorm was based in safety. it would be nice if things were black and white, but the legal system is VERY, VERY gray, and it takes union-backed lawyers to keep it from crushing the little guy.

defending a simple wrongful termination at a nonunion company in my industry cost the worker over $200,000. the average middle-class worker can't do that, so the corporation wins by default.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Including secretaries and such we are around 130-150 employees. There are plenty of other similar companies in the area though. There are probally a few thousand people with the same job in my area

The structure include the ceo, operations manager, a few analysts and assistant operation managers, then 15 foreman, a few assistant foreman, then my position which has 3 "levels" with me being in the middle one
    then I have tons of contract people under me that we hire out at my whim ...... so management is somewhat vertical

We could easily train almost anybody willing to work with common sense how to do my job. It is a VERY sought after job. They could easily fire someone not pulling their weight and replace him the same day.

Its a job that people up North would try to unionize more then likely.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't see that happening anytime soon. We have only been part of this union for 6 months and of the 5 people that have been fired since then, all were reinstated after filing a grievance with the union.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is OT, all of the 19 year olRAB here hate unions

no use trying to argue with them, it's like trying to change someone's mind on abortion or god or tipping waitresses

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what union do you work for, or interact with on a daily basis

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information