Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to make Push work with iOS5? Emails not appearing in lockscreen

Hello,
    I had no problems with Push in earlier OSs, but now, although Push is turned on, new email notifications don't appear in the lockscreen on my iPhone 4. All notification/lockscreen settings are correctly turned on. I've rebooted, turned settings off then on again. I can hear the email [Exchange account] arrive on my laptop; nothing pops up on the lockscreen of phone to indicate I've received anything. Appreciate any help.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am having the same issue with iCloud, push is not working on my iPhone 4 or my iPad.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only way push will work on my iPhone 4 is to leave the mail app open in the multitask bar, if mail is closed completely, push will not work. The iPad works with mail app turned on or off.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is very incorrect. The push listening app is run at the OS level, not a the user level and hence doesn't require ANY app to be open for a notification to be shown or responded to. If you wish to confirm this for yourself, reboot the phone and then send it an email for any address that is setup for push notification.

BTW, I did this exact test to make sure I would never miss a server alert from work.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

He's right Skull. I would agree that it's not supposed to be that way, but my own experience plus that of many others who have been posting here lately indicates that it's either a bug, or there's something else affecting it - maybe another installed app that uses push? Maybe a setting? I've fought this since iOS 5 came out and have not been able to get it working either. Keeping the mail app open is a workaround, not a fix. Maybe you can help figure out why this is happening to some of us.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just tested this with my iPhone 4 that won't receive Push emails. Leaving the email App running in the background does allow me to receive the pushed mail tested this by sending three emails two minutes apart from each other and they were received within seconRAB. Then sent four more after closing the App and those were not received until I opened the app again.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very interesting to say the least. I have never seen this issue under iOS 4, 5 beta or 5 GM. And I no theories at present to explain why a difference could exist. But I am dwelling on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i hope you got it all sorted out by now, but if not.

try Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calenders > Fetch New Data (make sure push is turned ON - and set a time limit for when you want the emails retrieved), and that should work. my emails show on my lock screen all the time, with the same settings enabled.

also, try Settings > Notifications > (scroll to Mail) Mail > (make sure notifications Center is ON, then make sure View In Lock Screen is ON

hope this helped!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sure that will work, but it's not Push. That's automatically fetching at a given time interval. As the instructions say, "The schedule below is used when push is off or for applications which do not support push...."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have no issues with receiving push. So I would have to go with skull one on this one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information