Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Updating to iOS 5 issue

Hi guys,

Wow I have been spending the past 6 hours trying to find a solution. I just hope I landed in the right place. Ok to make the story short, I am a total newbie when it comes to iPhone. I recently got the iPhone 4 as a gift from the states 2 days ago. I live in Dubai (United Arab Emirates). Now to have the phone work, I need to unlock it so I had to buy some chip called (Turbo Chip) basically to make my sim card compatible with iPhone. I did all that and everything started to work. I had the iOS 4.3.3 installed and never jailbroken before. I updated the iOS accidentally (Nobody told me that I shouldn't and I was not that educated about the whole thing) so I updated it and the phone was locked again. I get to the "Connect to iTunes" screen and nothing happens and in iTunes it says "Sim card is not supported".

So I take it to some store downtown and the guy was like I will try fixing it for you. He asked me to leave for like 30 mins and come back. And when I did, the phone was working in iOS 5 but the service was not working. I tried to reboot my phone and tried every possible way and nothing happened. Now I read on some website that you can downgrade it to the older version, when I did that, the iPhone was locked again showing me the same screen "Connect to iTunes" and "Sim Card not supported" message in iTunes.

It's been less than 48 hours and I am so frustrated. I honestly don't know what to do! The phone was working perfectly when I updated it, everything started to look like hell. Is there anyway I can have my phone working again? I don't care what iOS it is! I just need to have my phone working. Please advise!

George

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Updating to iOS 5 issue

it was a mistake buying the phone locked to try and unlock it you should of just got it factory unlocked

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information