Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

3GS battery poor+ 3GB of "other" data after update to 5.0.1

Hey,
    I'm new here, but searched thoroughly before posting as recommended. I recently updated my wife's 8GB 3Gs to IOS 5.0.1 and the battery performance dropped off tremendously. I actually figured it was the battery since I'm running the same setup with no problems at all. I replaced the battery and there was no change. After restoring the phone several times (and restoring to the backup) I noticed that I had over 3GB of "other" data on the phone. I got frustrated and just set the phone up as a new phone. Miraculously the battery is working great. So I went back in and restored it to it's backup point, and the "other" data is back now. I'm guessing I have some kind of problem with the backup point? I'd be happy to just set it up as a new phone, and manually re-enter the email accounts and apps, but I don't know how to get the contacts back onto the phone without all the other junk. Any ideas on what's going on here? Does anyone know how I can just add the contacts back? I am running Itunes on Windows 7. Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Untick for apps and everything and you will only sync the contacts.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I have to choose the restore point I do not have any options like that. Once the phone is restored I'll basically pull everything else off as you suggest and see if it works. I think that's what your getting at. Thanks.

Does anyone know what this mysterious "other" data is? I found something similar on another thread but can't find it now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information