Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red Moon {Ronald Weasley & Luna Lovegood} #1 ~She was his biggest cheerleader

I haven't been in the fandom long or gone beyond HHr, RLL, DG, and GN. Is HHr really the bigger fanbase?

I can see that. They both attack each other verbally, more concerned with winning or hitting as hard as they've been hit to see the damage they're doing. And Hermione takes it further and actually attacks him with magic. It's not healthy at all.

Yep. I definitely think Luna could expose him to a bigger world and make him see life isn't some competition between him and his brothers and frienRAB, and that there's a unique and important way for him to make an impact.

And I think Ron could ground Luna a bit. I think some of her quirks are her personality but others are due to her seeing her mother die in front of her(sorry JKR but no way can a child see something that horrific and not be scarred by it)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There really isn't enough art for them. Thanks for finding/posting these. Last one is my fav. With a line like that it would have been so easy for like to grow to something more.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love the reasons

Some art for you guys:

Enjoy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think its not only the fact that H/HR have more moments in the books and in the movies I think its also the fact that H/HR have a bigger 'fan base' than R/HR and H/G and to them thats threatening.

My biggest problem with R/HR is that I think they could end up being an abusive relationship mostly a mentally abusive one. Fighting is not healthy for a relationship, I mean yes there can be a fight here and there and it will probably happen every relationship has its bump its the way it is, but when R/HR fight Ron makes Hemione cry and Hemrione brings out Rons insecurities and thas not healthy for either of them. But then again this is just my opinion :shrug:

With Luna I think Ron wouldnt feel as insecure and she could teach that he doesnt need to live in his brothers or Harrys shadow he can be his own pearson and that he doesnt need to compare himself to other people and as you said Aurelia Ron could introduce her into a bigger 'frienRABhip' circle and teach her that she will always have someone there for her.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, the HP fandom seems so accepting of ships that are so out there, but mention Harry/Hermione and you're labeled a blind moron. However if I say I want to see Harry have a threesome with Draco and Snape or Hermione hook up with Bellatrix and they're indifferent or all for it :shrug:

Very true and they're both so wrapped up in that insecurity that they can't see each other. Plus, each time they fought or left each other out another brick was added to that wall between them. They never had a chance to build anything healthy. Attraction does not equal love. And fighting (like they did) is a symptom of a serious lack of healthy communication not sexual attraction. The problems in their relationship wouldn't magically disapear because they got together. They'd mellow for a while and then get worse and because they lack healthy communication they wouldn't be equipped to deal with it together.

Very true. Luna really would have grounded Ron and I think made him more aware of how he looked at others and treated people who didn't exactly fit. And I think Ron would have given her acceptance and brought her more into the group, given her family (beyond her dad) and frienRAB. They could each be strong where the other was weak.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Eh, you shouldn't let those comments get to you. R/LL isn't my OTP (H/Hr is), but I have my own reasons for shipping them over R/Hr, so I wouldn't worry about this kind of stuff. People want to think what they want to think. :shrug:

Exactly, because we all knew before everything was said and done that H/Hr had a distinct possibility of happening. Otherwise Hermione/Snape or Harry/Draco shippers would be the ones that get crapped on the most. But for some reason everyone seems to be okay with those.

Luna would've definitely taught him how to build his self confidence. She is someone that is smart and intelligent without wanting to prove herself to everyone else. She's not "in your face" about it like Hermione is, and that's one of the reasons why I think he fights with Hermione so much. They're both insecure people that get a kick out of tearing each other down to get a sense of pride out of it afterwarRAB. That's not a healthy relationship. Whereas R/LL would've felt so natural, because they would bring out the best in each other imo. Ron learned how to understand Luna's weirdness and even erabrace it in rabroadP, and Luna on her part would make Ron feel secure about himself because she believes in him and his abilities. Thinking about it, they just fit like two pieces of a puzzle. :in_love:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very true. I find that the ships people are most disrespectful and rude about are the ones they're worried about or threatened by. And lets face it, Harry & Hermione just fit and they had so many great moments in the books and the movies.

And though I love Hermione, Luna would have been such a better fit for Ron. She's much more patient and she was so ready to celebrate Ron and had faith in his abilities. Plus, she's tough and smart, but it's in a way that wouldn't overshadow Ron or make him feel less than acceptable (which Hermione does unintentionally do.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I added the reasons.

Never heard that song before. I definitely think it fits.

Found this on deviantart (the background makes it even better)

http://rjade829.deviantart.com/galle...98236#/d13jazc

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a few reasons:

Because Weasley is her king.
    Because he's fascinated by her.
    Because she has grown on him.
    Because he thinks she's coocoo + she thinks he's hilarious = Match made in heaven!

That's all I could think of atm. :P

I think Extraordinary by Liz Phair would be a great song for them. Fits Luna as a character in general, but perfect for them as well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats so rude!
    I usually tend to ignore them do because to me their just jelous of us and our obviously better ship and half of them dont have the guts to just face us (the Harmonians) so they use R/LL to bash H/HR which is very dissapointing

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information