Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Setting home page for safari

Hey all. Does anybody know if it is possible to set the safari browser to a home page when it opens? I'd like to set it to google each time it opens but I can't seem to do it. Any help wud be great. Tanx

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't directly. But you can open it and go to the Google site and then at the bottom click on the box with the right pointing arrow and click on the tab add to home screen. Then move the Safari icon at the bottom to somewhere else and move the one you just created to its place. This way you open to google or whatever site you would like everytime.

Or if you like google as your home page simply open safari and googles on the top right.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent suggestion guys thanks for the suggestions. I forgot about placing it on the home screen. Best solution I think seeing how you can't make it the home page

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. Thanks to both! As I newbie, I keep forgetting about the home screen customization.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes there is a way actually. If you have a jailbroken iPod, iPhone or iPad then yes this will work.

The Cydia tweak is known as "Homepage in Safari". It is a regular Cydia tweak, so no adding of sources are necessary. Once downloaded, go to your Safari App and tap the arrow that is coming out of the box (the middle button). You will be prompted to select this page as your Home Page. You can basically choose any webpage, including search results, Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.

Whenever you open a new page, it will automatically load to your home page. It is i05 Compatible and also supports older versions. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information