Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Windows 8 Apps not working on my HP Touchsmart TX2

Just so you know, I resorted to doing a Refresh on my Tablet when the display got all hosed up ... and it worked just like a Reset, in that it removed ALL of my apps, all of my Windows Updates, and all the drivers I added after install. I had expected the first two; the third was a surprise.

Not only that, but after the Refresh, and after I reinstalled the drivers, I got all kinRAB of problems with it.

It took a total reinstall to get it working properly again. So, they may have some work to do on the Refresh option.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mark, my experience was on a PC.
    Granted, I had to re-install all updates and all programs removed by the Refresh as well as drivers I had dowlaoded (they were still there) but I still had my log-on and all my pics and previous downloaRAB.

After removing the Windows.old folder (saving what I wanted to save) all was good again.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This probably does not work on your equipment. Guys, got to remeraber this is the Aplha version...Not even Beta. These devices have very specail drivers for them. Heck, even in Win 7 these machines can be difficult when a driver is mis behaving.

I'm sure in a month or two, Win 8 will work fine with them.

Quote Originally Posted by chris23892 View Post
    This probably does not work on your equipment.
    Why not? Worked on mine just fine and it took me two days to downgrade it from Vista to XP and get all of the appropriate drivers back when I bought this old rig.

When Win7 came out, I jumped on it without a hiccup.

Same with Win8 8102 ... although I did have to download a few specific drivers but, prior to doing so, the only issues I experienced were a few graphics resolution problems and a few yellow triangles in the Device Manager.

That's all gone, now.

I've put Win 8 on 12 vastly different machines in the past two weeks. Some did not even go, some the TS failed. Others (a laptop with a TS) works AWESOME.

The machine I'm working on now is a tablet and I'm going on 4 hours now trying to get it up and running.

My point is, they may have to come out with some more drivers other then native ones.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had trouble with Windows 8. I have two computers; my netbook and my desktop. Both run Windows 7 and 8 on different partitions. My netbook runs Asus ExpressGate Cloud as well as the others. Windows 7 is slow on my netbook, but Windows 8 is instant. However, none of the apps work on my netbook! I have refreshed it and it is currently sitting beside me resetting itself. I hope this works because I was really hoping to move my files over to Windows 8.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chris23892 View Post
    I've put Win 8 on 12 vastly different machines in the past two weeks. Some did not even go, some the TS failed. Others (a laptop with a TS) works AWESOME.

The machine I'm working on now is a tablet and I'm going on 4 hours now trying to get it up and running.

My point is, they may have to come out with some more drivers other then native ones.
    on 12 machines, damn, nice job there!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information