Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ctrl+alt+del on Windows 8 Tablet

I recently bought an ExoPC Slate and I installed Windows 8 on a partition and I absolutely love Windows 8. However, my tablet does not have a windows button... So how do I press ctrl+alt+del on a Windows 8 tablet without a windows button and without having to plug in a keyboard? Is there a way to add a shortcut key to the keyboard or is there something else I can do?

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It seems one should simultaneously press the physical Windows button and volume keys to insert Ctrl + Alt + Del.

This should help you:
    Insert Ctrl + Alt + Del on Windows 8 Tablet

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem. I have a RM slate with not buttons at all. I found two methoRAB, but the second can be hard to do.
    1. Simply click on your username or avatar shown at the top-right corner of Start Screen and there you can select the desired option: Change account pic, lock, sign out ect.

2. If you really want to frustrate yourself
    I created a shortcut on the desktop to Ease of Access. I open the onscreen keyboard than use the Fn key + Alt + F4. That opens the old style dialog box with the drop down including Switch user, sign out, sleep, shut down and restart.
    The problem is that it doesn't alway come up and if you clcik on the keyboard it disappears. You have to make sure the keyboard is near the top of the screen in order to click on the dialog box dropdown without making it disapear.

Easiest way I found was on a different site. Hold the 'home' button and press power. It should then pop up the ctrl-alt-del menu.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My tablet does not have a Home button.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information