Hi all,

I'm testing out the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on a Dell Latitude XT2 tablet and I'm experiencing a strange problem. When I use the touch screen to tap on an interface component the tap does not register as a click, and press-and-hold does not register as a double-click. However, gestures like a swipe to switch apps or bring up the side menu work just fine. I've check all settings and have ensured that pen and touch are enabled. On a separate partition I have Windows 7 installed and it runs using touch based input as expected, though some features have been turned off in the Win7 partition due to some proprietary software issues.

For reference, a co-worker and I are using sequential serial nuraber Latitude XT2's. His has the Developer Preview installed and responRAB to touch flawlessly. Based on his success with the Developer Preview, I believe my problem to be a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any insight as to why it may be occurring?

Hardware:

Dell Latitude XT2 Tablet
Intel Core 2 Duo U9600 @ 1.60GHz
3 GB RAM
Pena and touch available with up to 4 touch points.

Software:

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Build 8250 (Express installation settings)
Installed on a 60 GB partition of a 250 GB 5400rpm hard drive

Thanks,
Ryan