Ok i have a 95 chevy silverado 1500 with a 350 in it. In the past few weeks i have been either burning or leaking oil somewhere i havent really noticed anything on the ground so im leaning more towards burning because i just dumped oil in it this afternoon and it was smoking for maybe the first 5 minutes of run time not when idling though only when i accelerated. I have no clue what it could be? can anyone help? im going through about 4.5 qts every 2-3 weeks...please help this is getting damn expensive with gas still going up and up and 5 qts of oil runs me about 12 bucks and thats just the cheap stuff...ive tried running a heavier oil same thing happens. and it runs like crap lately when i start it up after it sits a long time its really doggy like im not firing on more than half my cylinders or something along them lines it also just dies when i put it into reverse...ive owned this truck for about a year now and the guy i bought it from said he replaced plugs and wires...should i replace the distributor cap? shouldnt be the whole distributor right? or even the distributor gear? So i know its alot to ask but the main thing im worried about is why its burning so much oil. if you have an idea as to why its dying when i back up never does it when its in drive though looking for some answers please