So since I was about 15 I wanted to join the armed forces, originally I intended to be an infantry soldier and join at the age of 16, obviously through time and parents persuasion I came to realise that this was a bad idea and went on to do my A-levels, nearing the end of my A-level time I decided to look at the army jobs recruitment site and to my dismay found out that I could not join the armed forces with asthma, my goal of 3 years being smashed as I have had asthma since birth.

I'm now in my first year at university, and coming to realise some things. My asthma has not occurred since I came to university, the only time I have used my inhalor since coming here was when I got ill once and when I was around my girlfriends dogs (I also have dogs and cats back home)

I'm just wondering whether or not people think it's a reasonable idea to be re evaluated by my doctor, and whether or not it's possible to wheeze from allergies and illnesses without having asthma?

And on another similar note, is there any way to join the armed forces with asthma (including the TA), as I would only want a job such as military police, naval logistics officer etc. no front line stuff per say.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!