I am making a short video for a book report project along with my friend, and I am using her camera (Panasonic SDR-T70) to film it. When I tried to import and play the video clips on Windows Media Player, a message came up saying, "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or a required codec might not be installed on your computer." The codec it says I need is an AC3 audio codec. I'm not completely sure what a codec is and where I can get one so I can make this video. I am importing the video (by firewire/usb port) using the camera's built in memory , meaning that I have to copy and paste the files from the camera onto my computer (I have a PC). The files are there, but I can't play them. I need to be able to play them in order to make the video. Her camera doesn't allow me to play the clips while importing (I don't know why, it only gives me the choice to import it by built-in memory or by the SD card). What can I do? Am I doing something wrong?
I have Windows Movie Maker to edit/make the movie.