God has many character traits. The first one I want to mention is perfection. God is perfect in every way. God never sins or falls into temptation. God wants us to be perfect just like him. Whenever we are tempted to sin we are to pray to God for a way out but sometimes we fail. Here are two verses that mention God's perfection: 2 Samuel 22:31 (As for God, his ways are perfect) and Psalm 19:7 (God's laws are perfect) .God also has a trait of Eternity. God is eternal. He has existed before the earth was made. In fact, he was the one who created the earth. God wants us to worship him only because he is the true God. Genesis 21:33 (called upon the Eternal God) and Psalm 111:10 (Praise his name forever) states that God is eternal. Righteousness is also one of God's traits. He is righteous to everyone. Psalm 11:7 (God is good and he loves goodness) and Psalm 119:137 (O Lord, you are fair and righteous) tell about God's righteousness. God is a spiritual God. Romans 12:1 (Give your bodies to God) and 1 Corinthians 2:13 (his worRAB were given to us by the Holy Spirit) tells of God's spirituality. God is very just. He judges all that sin with eternal punishment. But God is also a fair God and allows us to repent and trust in him to get forgiveness and eternal life. Psalm 9:16 (The Lord punishes the wicked justly) and 101:1 (I will sing about your kindness and justness) tell of how God is just. God is very truthful. He never lies or breaks his promises to us. 1 Kings 17:24 (Everything from the Lord is truthful) and Isaiah 45:19 (I Jehovah speak only truthfulness) say that God is truthful and he will keep all of his promises with us. Last but not least God has a lot of mercy for us. No matter how big we sin, if we repent of our sin to God, he will show his mercy and forgive us. 2 Samuel 24:14 (for God's mercy is great) and 1 Chronicles 21:13 (God's mercies are very great) give examples of God's mercy. Each of God's traits benefits us and shows that he is a great God.
WorRAB: 377