I've found quite difficult to come up with a new sport, bc the ones that exist already pretty much cover everything possible.

My sport is designed for a superhero setting, and requires that all the players have the ability to fly.

My main worry is that the game looks like a rip-off of quidditch (though i started off with a soccer-like game). And besides that, i think there may be too much going on on the field (for lack of a better term, you get taken out of the game if you hit the ground).

Here is how the game works:

The main goal of the game is to simply get the ball through your goal, the team that has done this the most times when time is up wins of course. I'm thinking there will be four goals (the 'field' is circular, and infact may be a globe), with each team's pair of goals being placed either opposite of eachother, or next to eachother. the main thing that distinguishes the game from soccer is that the players 'intercept' eachother by hitting them with other balls similar to the bludgers in harry potter (except they dont move on their own, a player has to grab one and hit another player with it, like in dodge ball). this was conjured up to navigate around the problem of the players having to ram eachother (often en masse) just to get the ball. being hit by one of these temporarily stuns the player, causing them to release the ball (if they have it) and start to fall to the ground, they may be removed from the game if they dont recover before they touch the ground (though i may remove that rule), there may be multiple balls to score with too, to avoid the problem of aerial pile-ups (which again can be problematic when you're playing the game in three dimensions, and tens of feet above the ground). the balls themselves will hover if left alone, but they dont move around on their own (this is so players dont have to risk ramming themselves into the ground at full speed just to retrieve a ball that has fallen). but if there is multiple balls to score with however, then one or two of them will be special balls which award more points, but do actually try to avoid the players (and tries to escape their grasp if its caught). a player can score a goal either by throwing the ball into the goal, or simply carrying it into the goal.

i'm not quite sure if i like it or not, it definitely feels like a real sport (unlike quidditch, which is so horribly designed that the player designated as the seeker is the only player who matters, all the others may as well not even be there, seriously why do they even bother to score goals when catching the snitch awards so many points that the opposing team would have to have an insane lead in order to win despite their team not getting the snitch).