Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Palestine, the UN and a possible US veto

That's Veto?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found this to be unwatchable until I became obsessed with trying to figure out where the frack he was. Then I watch like 4 of this goofball's videos studying the background. Pacific NW? Colorado? Wherever it is it looks amazing. I would join his cult to live there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well Aaron, there hasn't been a pan-European poll conducted on the issue because our politicians would never allow the true lack of support for Israel to be displayed for the world to see (for obvious reasons). In Europe, the Muslim immigration problem is overblown by right wing politicians to either seize or hold onto power through the spread of fear, and it's working. The cases where muslim women refuse to not wear the burka in public is a great headline for the media.
    I'm talking about the feeling amongst non muslim Europeans across many countries. In fact I have noticed a swing in the past 10 years from a "sitting on the fence" position to an outspoken pro-Palestinian position amongst the people I have met from all over Europe. (Israel - Palestine has always been big news here in Europe).

I'm Irish and I can speak for most people there as I know well what the feeling is, and we are pro-Palestinian and their right to recognised statehood based on the 1967 borders.
    It should be noted that even agreeing to these borders is already seen as a compromise by many Palestinians, so any proposal for an even smaller Palestinian state would never fly.

I live in Italy and everyone here is very sympathetic to the Palestinian cause. I have frienRAB from all over Europe (the EU in particular) and they have the same viewpoint - that Palestine should be recognised as a legitimate state.
    It surprised me a little to find this out, since the political leaders from most EU countries do not reflect this stance.
    I should disclose that I work for a UN agency here, but I am not involved in the political side of things.
    In the UN, from 193 meraber states, 131 are FOR the recognition of Palestine.

But this was why I asked the question on SOrab, in Europe we don't hear what real Americans think of the situation and what your media tell you. We just get Obama and H. Clinton's sound bites which are always completely off the mark.

I really don't want to go down the road of "who has done what" as both sides have their guilt, but it should be noted that the Palestinians have changed tactic and stopped the suicide borabings. Hamas are always a loose cannon and do occasionally fire rockets into Israeli settlements but the Israeli response is always disproportionately large against the Palestinian population.

The flotilla incident last year was particularly sickening, where Israel stormed and boarded a humanitarian ship bound for Gaza and killed unarmed people on board - once this was proved, Turkey kicked the Israeli arabassador out of their country and closed the erabassy.

A two state solution is the only road to peace in the region, where both sides acknowledge each other's right to statehood.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you're not italian....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

derp

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hahaha burn of the year.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ireland sucks at rugby. so does italy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought the lone ranger would prevent attempted hijacking rather than starting one.
    I ain't taking that bait.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you're not even irish...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Like pretty much, US fracks wit Israel. The whole shin dig where they ain't aiding palestinians wit nomz is fracked up but I think thats what they're referring to when they are all asking us to "respect their national interests". So yeah, were not enslaved, just keepin it real. As for us americans, i dont think half the people in our nation have looked up from their quarter pounder with cheese to notice the issue

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information