Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ass Douches...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

I see this shit all day around college. People never want to work hard for anything anymore yet they idolize the wealthy and desire the same lifestyle. Drives me fracking crazy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

Meh, I dunno. I hear this all the time, but I'm not sure I buy it. The OWS movement has many faces - envy is just one of them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

Eh, loud mouth or not, he's pretty spot on. Look no further than American Idol to see this in practice. The first 2 weeks of that show is littered with voices that sound like nails on a chalk board and when Simon finally tells them they suck, they lash out at him because they're whole life they were told they were great, given participation trophys and told that one day they would sing the national anthem at the super bowel, or play in the super bowl, etc...

It's gotten so bad, that large employers are now having to keep s theripists on staff to counsel workers when their boss yells at them because they are not used to ever hearing anything other than "your great, you're the best, great job", etc...

Hell, even teachers are now frowned upon from grading papers with red ink because its offensive and sets a negative vibe...

Not doing anyone any favors with this type of attitude...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

He's got a huge following on his pod casts. In the millions of downloaRAB...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

We've created a whole generation of giant fracking vaginas. Oh boo I got yelled at, big frackin' deal. I would say send every one to boot camp out of high school to help their balls drop for the real world, but even boot camp has been pampered due to the ass douchery. Even in my time there our Master Chief (highest you can get enlisted) talked about his days in boot camp when they would get walked down to the beach, dump out their sea bags (big green bag you see military people with), told to fill it up with sand, and then they'd have to do push ups and other shit with it. That's fracking AWESOME, but no, by the time I rolled around to boot camp the ass douchery was already setting in. Drill instructors couldn't do such "harsh" things along with not being able to use vulgar language (lame).

When will the backlash against all this political correctness start? When do we get to start telling people to quit being pussies and man the frack up?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

I mean you could go be a seal, ranger, or marine and have still have to do crazier shit than that. But I get what you're saying. They used to be able to hit or flick people at boot camp. Apparently you can't do that in any service now, for fear of lawsuits.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

I cannot agree more with this. There are so many people that have an undeserved sense of self-entitlement. People need to be told they suck. Not everyone is special.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

Oh they're special all right, just not in the good way!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

LOL!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ass Douches...

The American Idol people are understood to be freaks. They are hand selected to be on the show because they are freaks. Why do you think the tantrums are put on TV? What do you think the audience response is? People want to see the freaks and tantrums because they KNOW how ridiculous and odd it is and that's what makes it entertaining. This has nothing to do with 'what our culture is becoming' or whatever. It's entertaining because it's unreal to people.

I personally do not know anyone that behaves like the people he's ranting about. I'm trying to think of even acquaintances I've made that behave like this, and honestly maybe 1 or 2 people in the last 5 years I can think of I might be in this category. And FWIW those 2 people I am thinking of are in their early 70's.

You know what I think a bigger problem is? People ingesting crap TV and talk radio that is really just exaggerated entertainment, then thinking the examples of the absurd they choose actually represents people or our culture as a whole. That is a shame. People so caught up in nonsense they sit around worrying about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information