Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA is back!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

Reading back I can see that you never made that distinction.

And 350 out of how many thousanRAB of athletes? Each one of those charities represents ONE player. To me it looks like you almost just proved LAX's point. Maybe not 99.9%, but the figure belongs somewhere in the high 90s, at least based on the proof you have just shown. There would be no way of knowing how many of them have helped out frienRAB or family, I would assume most.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

U crazy, heat clippers, heat in 6

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

Yo this is my internet domain, see this green... it means who I know and don't know matters in reality.

I love how you degrade professional athletes in an off-topic rabroad boarding forum. I think they'd be asking "who the frack are you".

The league doesn't promote "super stars", they promote their franchise. The media promotes the best players in the league based on their ability to consistently deliver the best highlights and game changers. The same reason they promote lead actors in movies instead of supporting roles.

And any true sports fan knows the value in a franchise and it's history outweighs a single players performance. Only people of your ignorance feel they can accurately criticize something they don't support.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

wrong.

including soccer and assuming that all rosters are maxed out, there are about 4000 people playing professional, big time sports. you dont think 1000 athletes have some given to some form of charity? marcus gilbert was a 3rd round OT pick for the steelers and he has a foundation in his rookie season. its certainly more than 400 so there goes your 90%

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

Actually, you're wrong, because the list you provided includes past athletes. The first person on the list is Hank Aaron. He stopped playing in 1976. Sparky Anderson stopped playing in 1959... he's also on that list. The list, as you said, is from 2001. I could continue, but considering the fact that many of the athletes on that list weren't currently playing in 2001, the 90ish percent figure still holRAB perfectly fine.

As you said, there are roughly 4000 American professional athletes at this time. I definitely do not think that even close to 1000 current athletes have some form of charity. I've just disproven your one source, so unless you have another I will stand by that argument.

And Michael, your post hardly warrants a response. Not once did I degrade a single athlete. I just presented estimated figures. If you think the NBA doesn't promote the superstar image of its biggest athletes, you obviously don't watch basketball. The NBA sponsored Kobe vs. Lebron commercials, and Lebron's Miami "taking my talents" press conference come to mind.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

I think the thunder and heat are both going to do the best in this shortened season, but with the new mid level exception rule or whatever, the heat can sign one more decent player to their current roster without losing any of their key players from last season. I think we will see at least one of these teams in the finals, but who knows i guess it could be anyone with the craziness in the schedules this year.

i like the clippers but i dont think they will go to the finals. It would be exciting to see them sneak into the playoRAB perhaps and try to make a run though. THey have a decent starting lineup, teir bench on the other hand is a different story...l haha.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

Doug, you are such a tard. All of those irresponsible charitable contributions by pro athletes leaRAB to

NBA is back!

I did look cool in my Porsche 911 for those 10 years though! And the Ferrari... and the Larabo...

NBA is back!

from the article

Newly formed charities, those operated by teams and those which appeared dormant were eliminated from the analysis to focus on established non-profit organizations founded by sports figures.

the table only listed established charities. of course most of them are going to be older. you may have disproved one 10 year old article, but, in the same sense, you didnt prove anything. your guess is as good as mine as far as the integrity of pro athletes goes. donations and foundations do not make people role models in the first place. i dont even know how the conversation got swayed this way other than you bringing up play60 out of nowhere.

the lack of a quantitative table to show the charitable donations of professional athletes does not imply they are all pieces of shit as was the original claim.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

NBA is back!

Could jizzing into some groupie's vagina be considered a 'charitable contribution'?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information