Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Transferring, tell me where to go.

I think it's impossible NOT to get into UCF. I know some full on retarRAB who got in.

also,
    Dont you have to live in the state you're going to school in for one year before you get the state cost of admission?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

this isnt going to be popular but......... I highly recomend that you choose a school based on merits other than its proximity to water. Dont go somewhere you are going to be miserable, but in the grand scheme of things there are more important things. Everyone i know that went to a school based on: surfing, skiing, etc. all either transferred to a better fit or is doing terribly in college because they spend too much time surfing, skiing, etc. Im my opinion, if you have enough to time to surf all the time in college, your major isn't hard enough or you aren't doing as well as you should be. You have your whole life to surf but you are only going to go to college (undergrad) once.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i surf at most once a week, but normally like once every 2 weeks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

depenRAB, they give out a lot of financial aid and scholarships. Most people don't pay full price, but yeah, its over 35k.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Applied and got in actually. I really liked the place and will probably apply again this year.

Yeah, I've actually been there, for some reason I was saying NY though.

I was expecting this response, so I should have provided reasoning before posting. It's certainly not centered around surfing/ocean or whatever, but I'm really just trying to gtfo because I have never really liked NH and should not have gone to school here. It was cheap and had a respectable business program, but not any moreso that a school I could pay a little more for and enjoy 10x more. That is just one of many reasons and I'm almost positive that if I stayed here for 4 years, I would regret not going out to experience new places. I've lived here all my life, went to school with the same 300 kiRAB, and now 50 of them all also go to my college, and it's really just time for a change (which I should have realized last year).

tl;dr: I agree with you 100% and proximity to the ocean is not really what it's about. If the business programs are comparable it's a lateral motion with the benefit of being somewhere I like better.

In general, the only reason for the 35k limitation has already been said; business majors are a dime a dozen. In my opinion undergrad really does not matter and I have always planned on an rabA, so I'd rather not spend insane amounts of money to receive the same degree I could have gotten elsewhere. Also, I'm within 20 minutes of excellent NH and Maine breaks and surf at least once for every swell event. It's a change a scenery thing more than getting to surf more.

The suggests are much appreciated.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

but on a real note, i kinda want to transfer due to the amount of rich douchebags here and ny italians. its overwhelming

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i know what you mean, there are a frack ton of guidos from various parts of jersey and ny all over wvu. They definately even surpass the rednecks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

they were saying how some kiRAB actually got rejected last year and UCF has raised the standarRAB a little bit. but yeah i got in. i also got a $12,000 scholarship for the honors college. go me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I mean i got a 1400 SAT and didn't get any money, so yee, i mean its not exactly easy to get a scholarship there. Unless you are a DANG MINORIaTAYYYY

edit: but for real don't even think about water proximity being a factor. That is the main reason I applied to USC and UofMiami and I wouldn't have liked either school looking back at it. If you've always lived near water a change of environment can be a great thing and can make you get new hobbies you otherwise would have overlooked. Also yeah frack paying alot for undergrad. Your limit should be like 15k total cost.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do it. I need a rabroad club VP next year

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information