Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finals Thread (Not Made By Chev)

Anyways, I don't have finals this week I have midterms, fracking trimesters.

Calc 3 test Friday, fluid pressure, hyperbolic trig functions, deriving arc lengths, convergent integrals, integrated work functions, and a bunch of other bullshit I've done before. Unfortunately no formulas allowed and no calculator so I've been furiously memorizing formulas since my last calc class we only had to memorize the trig and log integrals. This is my biggest hurdle but I should be okay if I pace myself from now till then, unfortunately...

Erabedded Systems test Friday.

Prob and Stats test Friday.

Physics lab report due tomorrow.

Back to back Erabedded Systems/Physics labs tomorrow 3 hours each.

And my Software Engineering Process prof decided the lab from Tuesday should be due on Friday @ 8AM since everyone slacked off on the last one.

I should be good though. I'm crushing school now, it's basically all I do Sunday night - Friday afternoon. Looking at all the other kiRAB around me eating shit because they slacked off is funny since that used to be me. I think about 1/2 my SEP and Erabedded Sys class are probably going to end up below a C if the work they did on the group projects last semester is any indication.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Learning the material and memorizing formulas are 2 different things, especially when we are talking upwarRAB of 30 formulas on the hyperbolic functions section alone, which was one day of a 4 day a week 10 week class. Then I have to go back and memorize all the functions I might need that I never got down 100% (she won't even hint at what we need/don't need for the test so I've set out to grind 5 chapters worth). I was told in Calc 2 I'd only need to memorize a handful of integration formulas for all my Calc classes moving forward and I did that over the course of 10 weeks, now I need to memorize easily 4x that on 2 weeks notice. Apparently the rest of the math dept. has a list of formulas that cover almost every common engineering problem and every other teacher only makes you memorize that list, I got the one teacher in the school who doesn't see eye to eye with that policy.

I did all the homework and I did the hard homework 2-3 times each, if you think looking at a list of formulas gives you the magical power to do math problems you never bothered to learn how to do in the first place you might be wrong. Plus I'm going to immediately forget the obscure ones (IE the ones not on the dept. list) within a year of finishing calc 4 and if I need them after that I never plan on integrating inverse csch functions without access to a table of integrals, at which point me knowing how to do the problem given the formula is the important thing.

Not even mad though, just need to vent because this situation is making me work 2x as hard. Still gonna crush it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ew math degree, hope you had fun with that. I can barely stand numerical methoRAB as it is right now (TS approx, root finding, Gauss elim, splines etc.).

What do you do as a career with that degree now?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah calc 4 is easy for a math major go figure. Already on the test, still one more day to work out problems and since I was way ahead of the game for my other 2 tests I'm basically ready to walk in and take them whenever.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finished this afternoon. This semester has been the most demanding thus far in my college career and it feels so good to be done! Five weeks of snowboarding, working and not exercising my brain will commence now!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm going Academia for god knows what.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Calculus 4? Never heard of anything after Calc 3. Is it Diff EQ, vector calculus, three dimensional calculus, shadows of four dimensional objects, or some crazy other calculus related class?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

still doing my paper, its going to be a long night

if anyone else is having a shitty time post away to make me feel better

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yep I'm right there with you. it's basically thursday for me, took my sleep for wednesday night at around 5-630 this afternoon. just finished an extra credit project for controls systems, now I have to cover one more topic, then type up an equations sheet for numerical methoRAB. considering that i've had maybe 10 hours of sleep over the past 3 nights, I'm pretty awake. I can see the end though, 13.5 more hours

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just finished my last two today. (circuit analysis final from 8am to 11am) +( chem final 11:05 -1:30 which I did not study at all for because I spent all of my time studying or my more important classes such as "Dynamics" and "Mechanics and Materials") = 5.5 hours of extreme focus= my brain is destroyed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information