Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Take a minute and vote for my friends ski design

A good buddy of mine, Joseph Tony, submitted a design for the K2 build your own boarRAB contest and things are getting down to the wire and could use some votes. Its much appreciated.
    http://freeskier.com/stories/vote-no...est-semifinals

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

good thing i liked his best

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ya his was the sickest

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

got my vote. is there a way to see what his percentage is against the competition?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys. And no, I don't believe so although it would be nice

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

done..definitely a sick design

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

He somehow didn't advance today. He was real bummed. Thanks for the votes anyways.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not able to see the design ..........

Administrator

Status
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vicecaptain View Post
    Not able to see the design ..........
    Something is up with your browser.... see below

Vote now in the K2 BYOB contest semifinals!

Posted on Thursday December 15, 2011 | 7:00 am
    Posted by: Henrik Lampert

In its first year of existence, K2 Skis' Build Your Own Boards Contest garnered more than 150 submissions. Pretty damn rockin'. And although many of them were worthy, only 32 designs were selected as finalists. Then, those 32 were narrowed down by means of head-to-head voting. Now, only four remain.
    Voting will remain open through the weekend; when the deadline strikes at 11:59pm on Monday, December 19 we'll be left with our two finalists—they'll duke it out mono y mono style for the grand prize.
    As a reminder, the winner of the contest will be flown to the K2 headquarters in Seattle, hang with a K2 pro for a day and hand-build a K2 ski of their choice with his/her one-off topsheet.
    So you can get to know a bit about the four remaining participants, we hit them up to see what inspired their designs:

GAVIN RUDY — AGE 16 — EVERGREEN, CO

"The idea was to keep the aspects of the design simple, but I wanted the result to be quite elaborate. So I focused on keeping the parts of the ski as simple as possible, using only curves, lines, some fill, and no/minimal color. Thus, the final design comes together so that the viewer's focus is drawn explicitly to the complexity of the composition of the lines, curves, and other details. I feel like it's very expressive of skiing itself, as it has a flow and uniqueness to it, but there are many differences between its parts and the drawing's interpretation is really up to the audience. Stoked on making it to the finals! I hope I've got what it takes to win!"
    NOAH WETZEL — AGE 24 — SLC, UT

"I almost didn't submit a design, but thankfully my buddy convinced me! When I made the original art for the ski design I just wanted to draw a beautiful mountain-scape that combined real photographs with drawings. Certainly stoked with the results, especially the Aspen log bases! I mean, we ski in the mountains, so why don't we incorporate the mountains into our ski designs? Anyway, this whole contest has been a huge surprise and a lot of fun, I didn't expect to make it this far! Most importantly, thanks to those who have voted for my skis!"
    JOSEPH TONEY — AGE 20 — JACKSON, WY

"With my design I wanted to showcase a graphic that would get people stoked while maintaining the environmental characteristics that were the influence. The idea being that the woman is forming out of the smoke and warning us that if we don't lessen our impact on the environment the world we live and ride in will change. I put in roughly 40 hours painting and working on this design digitally so it's great to see that my hard work has paid off. I couldn't be more excited on how far I have made it and can only hope to keep advancing."
    SHERWOOD "WOODY" SMITH — AGE 21 — TELLURIDE, CO

"I have always been a huge fan of K2 and Ryan Schmies. I wanted to try and do something with his style in mind. I couldn't be more stoked to have the opportunity to design a K2 ski myself. It is great that K2 is doing things such as this, and the chance is greatly appreciated."
    And with that, we invite you to head on over to the BYOB page to cast your votes! Thanks again to everyone who submitted designs, and thanks also to those of you who continue to come back and vote for your favorites.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Done Voting...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information