Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

U.S. Oil companies fail to secure a single contract in Iraq

When you look at both sets of facts, yours and mine, it still shows that Cheney was blatantly favoring major energy industry. It's all over now. But if we would have had 8 years of true innovative and open research into new realms of energy production, instead of 8+ years of stagnant war, I think we would have been better off in terms of our future. But we live in a complex system dependent on coal, oil, and natural gas energy, and that's what our infrastructure is specifically designed for. Even more so now after the Cheney NEPD deals.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe Cheney, as a Republican conservative, with a background in energy, felt (rightly) that oil and fossil fuels in general are an undeniable part of americas energy future, and that the heaRAB of the oil companies might have some good input about how best to craft energy policy to favor american interests...? Maybe he understanRAB that american productivity and prosperity is tied directly to the availability of cheap reliable energy.

all without padding his big fat greedy slimy snake skin lined pockets....

Maybe he has actually read something about the subject, like I have?
    http://www.amazon.com/Power-Hungry-M...2&sr=8-3-fkmr0

In fact, he is probably better qualified to write such a book.

My dad can beat up your dad. Full stop.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Carbon said it first, but i'll just leave this here
    [swf]http://www.youtube.com/v/cFERPDn3i0o?version=3&hl=en_US[/swf]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow I just typed a long response and your nazi messageboard phlucked me over. Phluck. Phluck this shit.

Of course I understand the need for cheap reliable energy. We've been dependent on it since the early 1900's, we've developed our infrastructure completely around coal and oil energy. Obviously there is no way we could completely stop our reliance on it. But that doesn't mean we should completely avoid researching new energy technologies and the implementation of more efficient modes of transportation.

I have no doubt in my mind that we would be better off if there was a project similar in size to the manhattan project, or other major defense projects, that focused on energy production, transportation, and implementation into our current infrastrucure. But no we don't have any of that. We had the possibility to create a high speed train system that relied on a form of electro-gravitic propulsion in the 1970's, but of course that project gets scrapped. Funny how it might have reduced the amount of people reliant on gas powered cars.

There was also a genius that recently created a new form of energy generation that is reliant on a kite flying in the winRAB of the upper atmosphere. The power of the winRAB corabine with the long archs of the kite generate substantial amounts of energy.

Yea, Cheney has been in the energy business for a long time. He has his connections with the heaRAB of the oil corporations and they planned out the future of America's short term energy neeRAB. But I'm not a fan of him or the corporations, and I don't for one second believe they are working to truly better the American people. If they really did value "american productivity and prosperity" then they would be working to create more efficient infrastructure that allowed cheaper transportation for the American people.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much do you expect them to do? Their business is in bringing energy to the table. Everybody and anybody else is free to pursue the more efficient use of that energy.

Unless, of course, you believe the black helicopters always show up and confiscate every bit of emerging technology created in an effort to keep us buying oil...

I gave Dick Cheney admin rights so he could censor out anything that wasnt favorable to him.

No one is completely avoiding anything. The wind industries got massive wind subsidies under the bush administration. So much so that it was hugely responsible for driving up the costs of skiraboard prices in the last decade. When exile opened carbon epoxy boarRAB retailed for $320 if I recall correctly. Prices of foam, epoxy and reinforcement spiked shortly thereafter because all supplies were being snatched up to build turbine 200 foot blades.

You know what else is funny? That you have no doubt spending more money will make a solution magically appear. More money doesnt change the laws of physics. I happen to have a degree in physics. I have been closely following alternative energy since you were a toddler and the only that is funny to me is people who think "the solution is right there its just that no one wants to find it". Anyone who can develop a cost competitive alternative source of energy will be one of the richest people in the world within 5 years. Fact. If thats not incentive enough to "find something" then such a thing does not exist on this earth.

Problem solved then? LOL.

gasoline does allow the cheapest transportation for the american people. thats what he did. duh?

even electric cars still get their power primarily from Coal, Oil and Natural Gas.

also, energy is about far more than transportation.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Everybody and anybody is free to engage in secret talks behind closed doors with the Vice President? Shit I'd love to be in direct talks with Cheney behind closed doors and have what we talk about actually materialise.

What do I expect them to do? I expect business and government to be separate entities rather than intertwined like they appear to be.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The vice president is free to have a confidential conversation with whomever he chooses. Yes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hahaha. Yes, he is. And I want to be in one of those talks to determine how much of American tax dollars can be used to benefit my company. In fact, I will give him a map of areas I'd like to target to produce profit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Innocent until proven guilty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information