Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

U.S. Oil companies fail to secure a single contract in Iraq

Its still similar comparing flying to train for many destinations in europe generally speaking. I recently drove NL>Germany>Switzerland>Italy>france>Belgium>nether lanRAB and the total cost was under $500 I think (for two). On the train, triple that min. Both in cost and travel time.

I am going back this week and may go on another little journey tbd while there. Thinking Austria. I will report back on the options for that trip

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i was laughing my ass off at that. The Bus route visuals were hilarious.

There's more wind a km up than on the ground, come on its common knowledge. This is not windMILL energy, I know how shitty those are first hand. Plus an astronaut believes in this stuff, it's gotta be cool.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...eenergy.energy

There IS potential to use this type of energy generation. You can even move these "kite plants" off shore where there is greater upper atmospher winRAB.

And yea I agree that trains are retardedly expensive, but that's with current infrastructure dudess. We gotta build efficient trains with efficient energy systems ha.

I might check that book out peluso. Did you see the first book that author published? "Pipe Dreams: Greed, Ego, and the Death of Enron"
    Here's the synopsis, and why I have such qualms with our current energy and financial industries.

And by the looks of it, it seems like a toned down version of what was really happening behind those doors.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Energy conservation is the best form of energy independence.

I am not sure why you bring up enron. If you think I would run to their defense or something you are wrong. I also wouldnt run to the defense of MCI Worldcom or other companies that lied and cheated with their accounting...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solar Power technology (like most technologies) has been doubling it's capacity to produce energy while becomming half as expensive to make every year. The predictions are that solar will become cheaper and more efficient than fossil fuels by 2020. Only two problems are China is the world leader in Solar Tec and production, and big oil will stop at nothing to keep us hooked on fossil fuels.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too many political threaRAB hurt skiraboarding

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what about crazy black helicopter left wing conspiracy threaRAB?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think big oil has to do anything to make that happen. I always tell my hippie frienRAB to go down to the Barnegat Bay anytime they want to bitch about someone driving an SUV and "wasting all that gas". I think their heaRAB would explode if they knew what the twin and triple engine sport boats were burning every minute. And boats are just one market. Think about all the airplanes, helicopters, tractor trailers, construction and farm equipment, emergency response vehicles, etc. Aside from the significant market share of consumers who wouldn't want anything but the smell of exhaust fumes and the sound of a V8, there's the staggering logistics and costs involved in transitioning all the vehicles people have already shelled out a significant amount of money for.

"Big Oil" need not do anything. In fact, if all of "Big Oil" had a Scrooge moment, and put all their efforts into getting civilization away from fossil fuels, they'd probably fail big time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

they hurt skiraboarding

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exactly why I laugh at the California SMOG specs and all that bullshit. Our cars have no impact in relation to the major consumers of oil and gas like the ones you mentioned. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the research and implementation of new technologies, but our SMOG laws for cars are worthless.

When you look at how dependent almost every aspect of our society is on fossil fuels, it doesn't take a genius to realize we need alternatives. That's almost a business prinicple, you don't put all your eggs in one basket and you don't make your "product" reliant on one supplier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information