Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Android [Phones], Mine, fave apps, etc.

Yeah, I'm keeping on eye on XDA. The whole Evo 4G forum is noobs asking about root and getting bitched out lol. agrabren is the only dev even trying as far as I know, he's trying to port a fr3vo exploit I believe.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's funny - my buddy just got an EVO to replace his Hero too - same issues with his Hero. I've had my EVO since launch, and never rooted it. From everything I've read, the custom ROMs tend to create as many hassles as they solve. Is this a fair assessment? I just haven't had the time to do proper research to fully understand what's going on.

What do you mean by "S-ON"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its a security feature on the boot section of the phone. "Security-ON"

A good stable rom doesn't really have any hastles, and often times will increase speed and battery life. Battery life is usually the big thing for me when Im looking for custom roms.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The thing is, it's super easy to install a new ROM. All it takes is downloading it to your PC, putting it on the SD card and in 5 minutes you're running something new. So if you find you don't like it, you can just upload another one. One of the main advantages I've seen for the Evo (as honda said) is the increased battery life on some of the ROMs, although from what I've read the kernal version can be the main help on that front. There's a ROM on XDA I want to try right now that changes the file structure and makes the Evo almost twice as efficient (fast).

Really, even if you don't want to change how your phone looks/operates you could still root and install a ROM that's exactly like stock, minus all the Sprint bloat ware, which helps a lot on its own. On my Hero I got used to not having Sense and actually like plain Gingerbread...mainly b/c it was MUCH snappier. Sense is sluggish, even on the Evo.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

can someone explain to me what rooting is/how it would make my droid 2 better in a nutshell. reps for help

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's like admin access. It gives you the ability to access the file system, thereby allowing you to load custom ROMs or delete apps that you couldn't before...or some shit like that. All I care is that it leaRAB to allowing me to run a custom ROM. It does have the potential to brick your phone though, in which case you're up shit creek as phone companies don't support rooted phones. If it ever neeRAB service you have to un-root it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

seems like something i wouldnt truly utilize, i just browse the web and listen to tunes on my phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just by asking the question I can tell you you shouldn't do it.

Also, swype is the best shit ever. I've always hated texting b/c I miss key shit like crazy, swype makes life so easy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

actual keyboard ftw

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

actual keyboarRAB are nice. light phone with swype is probably even better IMO.

I have no idea about rooting or whatever but I was having trouble getting skype to work on my Galaxy S and found that my android version wasnt supported so I needed to upgrade to froyo for it to work right.

I did based on simple instructions from samsung. It was pretty easy but kind unecessarily complex. Took like 2 hrs. Skype works perfectly now and some of the other little changes are nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information