Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Android [Phones], Mine, fave apps, etc.

Pretty close because the reference model is the Samsung Galaxy S, then all the US carriers are doing a tweaked version with it's own name/branding. So the AT&T phone is a Captivate, the T-Mob is a Vibrant, etc.

The AT&T version has pretty solid aesthetics: the front is edge-to-edge glass, and like the battery cover/rear is metal with this carbon imprinted grip surface.

The Galaxy S (line) uses a unique processor too - it's not the same as most of the other CPUs, most of the other 1GHz procs are Qualcomm Snapdragons, the Samsung has a really fast CPU called Hummingbird (like 3X the 3D performance, audio RABP). The Droid X is also using a specilized CPU (TI OLAP) that's supposed to have some faster integrated tech too.

I considered the Droid X, but I would've had to change carrier (and lose all sorts of bundled discounts), and it was a touch on the chunky side. The captivate is ~9.9mm without any bulges or anything.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Droid Incredible

Apps- FXCamera, Shazam, GameBoid, Swype beta, Navigation

Edit: also WordUp! is my fave game right now (besides Leaf Green on Gameboid)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got to score FXCamera, that's like the 4th time I've seen it on a list!

My phone came preinstalled with Swype. It's a little funky, but goddam it actually works really well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

so as far as an individual service contract who would you guys recommend? idk if I want to stay with the sinking ship taht is tmobile.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love swype. So good for in class/ undercover texting. Somebody neeRAB to bring that to the iPhone, I would buy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Droid Hero, favorite apps:

Magic Seaweed
    Bump
    Wifi on/off Switch
    Ethereal Dialpad (sick ass synthesizer)
    gStrings guitar tuner
    TV.com
    Yelp!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

YA RLY

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

be ready for a new cross carrier platform to come out soon.

using original droid:
    most frequently used apps for me are the
    flashlight (DroidLight) - believe it or not i use this one quite a bit
    advanced task killer - essential for any smartphone right now. my phones gets really glitchy when i dont use it for 2 or 3 days.
    ak notepad - i cant say how many times i wish i had a paper/pencil in public
    ringdroid - chop and set your own ringtones out of anything. i dont use it often, but i list it b/c everytime my phone rings, its thanks to this.

also use some of the default apps a lot, but mostly the gps and maps.

imo i dont think the droid has everything or even close to it done right. however, when it comes down to it, if im honest, many of my "problems" are just preference issues they dont let you change. ie vanilla vs strawberry ice cream, i wanted strawberry, got stuck with vanilla, but both ice creams are still very good.

problems:
    too many of the menus are too decentralized - some of the menus are too hard to access, sometimes my phone does stuff i dont want it to, those little keys are really big for my fat thurabs, i cant save pictures i get in pic messages, and i dont like how there is a enter key on the keyboard (i send out messages b4 i finish typing sometimes).

btw DT: for app development i say just go for it, but be prepared for A LOT of setbacks and hiccups if you haven't done development before. many people i know were working on phone apps for a class and bottom line is even as computer majors, most of those people couldn't get AMAZING apps, at most the apps were OK (if they wanted to sort all of the problems and glitches out).

not trying to be a downer to u or say u can't do it, but a lot of people, including myself, thought "hmm i think ill try app devo" then we realize it may be more than we thought and we end up wasting a good deal of time working on those apps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I've got a specific design target since I'm looking at just building a wrapper for some specific web services in a couple of our apps. They wouldn't be intended for deployment on the market or for "direct" revenue.

Plus my Kung-Fu is way stronger than those girly-boy comp majors you know

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swype beta is closed
    I tried download SlideIT lite and it keeps forceclosing when i try to first run it/ "activate keyboard" any ideas?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information