Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Android [Phones], Mine, fave apps, etc.

My hero fell off my frienRAB moving car going 45 mph with only a few scratches.
    What happened, wadRABworth?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm. A device worth ~$500 requiring ~$100 fix for a "hundo"? Seems fair.

A buddy of mine also has a hero, and I've seen it turable down a full flight of stairs with nary a scratch - in addition to a ton of other drops. Tough little phone, that hero. As for me, it was late Sat. night, and I was unplugging my phone from my stereo in my garage, and it just slipped through my hanRAB - I was trying to multitask. The lower left corner smacked off the concrete floor and I knew immediately that it was fracked. Fortunately, it still works just fine, and the fix isn't as bad as I initially thought. Plus, as the supply of screens stabilizes they should become even cheaper.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone have any experience with the HTC EVO with Sprint? I have a BB Curve now and I hate this F'n phone!! This is my 3rd BB and I've had great results with them in the past, but this phone is so damn buggy!!

My most important question though, does anyone know if their is a program that will allow me to transfer all of my data from my BB to a Droid? More specifically, the EVO? Biggest concern for me is the calendar. I use it for work and simply not being able to transfer the calendar for me would be a deal breaker...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't answer your question, but i do hate BB's . I love my new Hero, but I would hope the Evo is much snappier. The Hero is pretty easy to bog down, I'm constantly killing apps except for those I always use like ChompSMS, Mail, and juice defender.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://www.androidcentral.com/jumpin...-you-need-know

I really dig my Evo. The biggest complaint you'll read about is battery life. I get a full day out of my device sitting in an office all day with only 1 bar of service. Last night I changed a few more settings to see what I can get out of it today. So far, at 11 hours unplugged with some moderate web browsing, texting, etc., my battery is at 82%.

Thanks WadRAB, that was helpful!

Ehh, must spread rep first...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anybody with Sprint rooted and killed off all the stupid apps like Nascar, Sprint Navigation (Google maps has nav), ect. All these things run in the back ground and I can't uninstall them unless I root...I'm considering doing it in hopes of speeding the phone up. This thing is REALLY sluggish really quick. With my battery saving app, text, and mail running I only have 35M available at best, which seems ridiculously low. Add in facebook and dolphin browser and things creep to a halt.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ewww, now i'm scared again... For me, my phone is my business. I practically live on it. Nothing frustrates me more than needing to do something right that moment, and my phone resets, or freezes, or acts slugglish, etc... Is Cabo's problem trypical of all droiRAB?

The EVO i'm looking at is the 2.2 that someone else mentioned earlier.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may root mine, especially to free up the wifi hotspot. It used to be easy, with unrevoked, but now you have to do a full root, and I'm not confident enough to do it. Yet.

As a side note, I just removed ATK from my Evo. I stopped using it after reading several compelling arguments against task-killers. Basically, if an app shows up as "running" its typically not really "running" in the PC sense of the word, its basically occupying an "on deck" space. Not using ATK didn't have any perceptible impact on battery life. In fact, after the second OTA update, battery life improved lots for me.

So ATK doesnt do anything? great....im not sure what rooting is, i just wanna optimize my Heros speed and battery life. Cause like Cabo said it gets slow real fast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information