Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Android [Phones], Mine, fave apps, etc.

I picked up a Samsing Galaxy S (aka, AT&T Captivate) yesterday. I bailed on an iPhone 4 since it was just more of the same, plus I wanted to do some development (I have all the tools in place for Android).

4" Super AMOLED, 1GHz proc with a fast GPU, b/g/n WiFi, BT 3.0. 16GB internal and support for MicroSD (at least up to 32GB at this point), 5MP cam and 720P video, GPS, compass, 6 motion sensors.

The display is insane. Amazing off angle viewing, and the AMOs are self lit so no bleedover and super crisp text. Everything is really quick in the UI, email client, browser (webkit based). The gallery app is outstanding too.

I installed a sync app and got my Outlook contacts/calendar on it, all the usual apps I had on the woman's iPhone (Wiki, Netflix, DTV, tides, feed and e readers, etc.). I also rooted it so I have superuser access and can use any app distro, access the root filesystem (I nuked all the AT&T shit-ware).

Stuck on AWD and Launcher pro with Home switcher so I have this slick home page option now too. Samsung loaRAB a UI wrapper on top of Android 2.1 called TouchWiz which is OK (it's like Motoblur or HTC Sense). Can't wait to get Android 2.2 on this, should be out in the next couple of months.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Eris on Verizon. Definitely not the best Droid, but it runs fast enough and does everything I need it to do. I have no need for an iPhone or anything else, I love my Eris.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm currently on the HTC Incredible for Verizon. Favorite/most used apps are probably Magic Seaweed, FxCamera, Handcent SMS, Advanced Task Killer ( must have ), and a few others I can't remeraber off the top of my head. Google Sky Maps is also pretty sweet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

waiting for motorola droid 2 to come out on verizon. still using shitty blackberry curve.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

any good reviews on the droid x that just came out? when i save up a little more im thinking about picking one up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've only heard bad but bad because of moto's shitty blur-software. the hardware blows everything, -even the evo 4g, out of the water in almost every category.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

apparently you dont have to use blur though. i messed with my frienRAB(whom i never see so i couldnt really ask what he thought of it indepth) and the homescreen and shit is exactly like the og droid

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

O RLY?

well shit then the x looks like the way to go. idk if I wanna switch to verizon thouhg. If I make the switch I wanna go sprint most likely 70$ a month unlimited? sign me up

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the original droid and I still love it. Yeah Id like one of the newer models but compared to what I was stuck with last, this phones fast and allows me to do anything id need it for. Id like to create some apps but dont want to get into all the learning that goes along with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information