Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you prefer, CGI or Hand Drawn Animation?

I personally think Hand-Drawn has a more raw and real and vibrant feel to it. It's not robotic. You can definatley see a difference in the movements of computer-created animation and hand-drawn.

I suppose animators found CGI to be so much faster, cheaper to make, and easier to put together than hand-drawn animation, but nothing can compete with old hand-drawn classics like The Lion King, Hercules, Mulan, Snow White, We're Back, Aladdin, The Aristocats and many, many others.

Don't get me wrong, Pixar makes some realllllly awesome movies, but I feel like that's about it, and the reason is because they spend so much time, money and effort to give their movies the right feel.
    I feel like if animators decided to go back to hand-drawing, they'd have much more success. There's just something soooo much more appealing about hand-drawn animation because it has that movement and bounce of a traditional 'cartoon'.

What do you think? Would you rather see more new CGI movies or Hand-animated??

Thank you so much !

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by QLR View Post
    I personally think Hand-Drawn has a more raw and real and vibrant feel to it. It's not robotic. You can definatley see a difference in the movements of computer-created animation and hand-drawn.

I suppose animators found CGI to be so much faster, cheaper to make, and easier to put together than hand-drawn animation, but nothing can compete with old hand-drawn classics like The Lion King, Hercules, Mulan, Snow White, We're Back, Aladdin, The Aristocats and many, many others.

Don't get me wrong, Pixar makes some realllllly awesome movies, but I feel like that's about it, and the reason is because they spend so much time, money and effort to give their movies the right feel.
    I feel like if animators decided to go back to hand-drawing, they'd have much more success. There's just something soooo much more appealing about hand-drawn animation because it has that movement and bounce of a traditional 'cartoon'.

What do you think? Would you rather see more new CGI movies or Hand-animated??

Thank you so much !
    CGI movers are also good but they can't gives that type of feel which is given by handed drawn but these both are separate and they have separate circumstances but in this time handed drawn takes more time than CGI but personally I prefer handed drawn than CGI.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Adam K - The Animationspot - A leading Animation Company in USA. For more information visit our site. theanimationspot (dot) com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information