Because in-case any wierd stalker flirty members add them on facebook and the gym instructors dont want to deal with the awkwardness of turning them down....?

Just wondering....used to work in a leisure centre....was in a different department of the gym, but still got to know gym people. One guy i got talking to was really nice and i thought he liked me too but when i added him on facebook his status was "in a relationship"....after that i stopped talking to him because i didnt want to.be responsible for breaking up a relationship.

But he would keep saying hi to me and other stuff, which i know isnt a big deal but its the way he said it which seemed to me like he was flirting. This was almost a year ago i added him on facebook and i've still yet to see this "girlfriend" of his on facebook....so then i started to wonder if maybe he did that to avoid awkwardness of turning down people in the gym he doesnt like....because i have noticed quite a few people leaving comments saying how great his class was and flirting and stuff...which i know are the regular members and arent employees because i know who's staff and whos not from working there..so that got me to thinking how awkward thats gotta be which lead me to thinking maybe hes really single and just set his status to "in a relationship" to avoid more awkwardness...

It really seemed like he liked me...so im just confused, only reason im asking this question....but i am totally open and accept that theres a possibility he really does have a girlfriend and maybe is just private with it..