It's a really long story so I'll try to keep it short. My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year but I recently broke up with him because I found out he had posted gay sex ads on Craigslist...and this wasn't the first time...

Several months ago I found out he was doing that and I confronted him. He denied ever actually going through with anything or being gay. He said he didn't know why he did it, he was curious to see what people would say and he liked the attention.

I couldn't imagine him hooking up with another guy so I let it go and he promised it'd never happen again. Right before Christmas, I had to move out in order to take care of my grandma and I broke up with him. He was pretty upset and didn't want me to leave him. I found out though, that on Christmas night he had posted an ad looking for sex. I vowed to definitely never come back to him but long story short I took him back

Then just a few days ago we decided we need to break up. I decided to hack into his Craigslist account, just to see if he really did stop posting ads looking for gay sex. I saw that he had, but only once in February, right after we had had a huge fight and I'd broken up with him. I confronted him and told him there's no chance we can ever be together again now because he promised me for a 2nd time it'd never happen again.

He's really upset and is still trying to get me back. He says he feels horrible but swears he's never actually met with any of these people. He claims that he posts the ad, feels disgusting 5 mins later and once he starts getting emails, he deletes them immediately and feels horrible the rest of the night because he knows thats not "him".

I love him and I hate that this is even a problem. I've tried talking to him and I told him if he's gay or bi or whatever, he can tell me and I won't judge or tell anyone. He gets mad and denies being gay and says he doesn't understand why he does it. He says he wants to be with me but he can't even promise me he won't do it again, which is so messed up. I told him he needs to talk to someone about it because that's not normal.

I have no problem whatsoever with gay people. I'd be hurt if he knew he was gay and was in a relationship with me, but I'd understand if he's confused or afraid to accept his sexuality. He's homophobic and I'm starting to worry that maybe he's too ashamed of his feelings to be honest with himself.

I love him and I want to be with him but I can't when he has this problem. He's only posted things when he's been really upset. So is he gay or just curious or confused or what? I've tried talking to him nicely about it but he denies having any gay urges or attraction to guys whatsoever