I used to dance a lot and now I assist my old dance instructor with her classes; I've only ever learned moves and techniques of ballet but was never really condition in strength and flexibility of the feet and ankles. I have a normal medial arch and can point to a normal extent but I would like my feet and ankles to become more flexible so that I might be able to increase the range of my point (hopefully to a floor pointe), and stop having my feet cramp up and ache after pointing them. I'm thinking that if I improve the strength and flexibility of my feet, I'll be able to have a more delicate pointe and improve the appearance and comfort of feet while walking or dancing.

P.S. I also feel that, when walking, my lateral longitudinal arch (outer arch) looks weird; instead of having an inward curve somewhere between the heel and the ball of the foot, it's rounded or flat. I've wondered it's weak muscles because I'm kind of clumsy and shifting my weight outward on to them hurts after a while. Is there a way to strengthen them and pick them up a little?