Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clean Up That Truck/Buggy/Sedan

Okay so I bought a used RC10GT and right now I am in the middle of cleaning and rebuilding the darn thing so I know where it stanRAB. Right now I am doing the wash each part with simple green or water if it is just plastic or metal. The engine has been 100% disasserabled and only need to get new set of Back plate and heat sink screws, new gasket for the manifold, and a new Thermo Insulator for the carb. Also, I think I might go ahead and buy the RC Screwz kit for the RC10GT so I can have a full new set of fresh non-stripped or gunked hardware. Also, I ordered up the manual from Associated since kinkos would not print from the pdf it was cheaper too lol.

Now after I get this rebuild done and gone I am looking for a good cleaning setup to do after run cleaning without having to do a complete tear down. Now I know you can buy the $6 a can Nitro Blast or the variant but that is wasteful in my opinion and not really worth the money.

I was thinking of getting this air compressor http://colurabus.craigslist.org/tls/564362504.html then getting one of the following:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnuraber=1102 To use a mixture of Simple Green and Denatured Alcohol to blast off the gunk

OR

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnuraber=3953 and use the same cleaning solution. Now the only problem is I do not know if the compressor I am looking at will be enough to power this gun.

Now I have read also a lot about people using Non-Chlorinated Brake Cleaner or NAPA Engine and Electronic Motor Cleaner while cheaper is still wasteful in my view.

So what do you think is the best route go with the little portable compressor and the spray can or the gun. What do you use and why? If you use a compressor what kind did you get and what specs do you look for to get the right pressure for cleaning the truck?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would be carefull about using brake cleaner or even electric motor cleaner. I made the mistake of using it on some plastic parts and it ate into the surface a bit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

simple green and a brush then compressed air to blow it off is a good cleaning system , that compressor should do fine , you only need 35 or 40 psi, ray

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information