Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

Do you mean notes attached/linked to contancts or just a simple app for handling rapid temp notes?

There is the popular MS OneNote built in the phone and part of the Office hub.. It syncs to Skydrive and PC automatically as well..
    And there are endless free and practical apps found in the Marketplace..

Ok, I have to apologize here as I provided some inaccurate info about Outlook!!
    For some reason I was under the impression that Outlook wasn't supported at all in the beginning but everything's ok now. It turned out to be that Outlook is still left behind by MS to be the sole exception within MS services treated that way!! And I think for a reason as well (although the wrong reason this time!)

In brief: You can sync Outlooks contacts and emails, but not task and notes.. In general there is no direct way to sync Outlook!
    Here two links of interest:
    How to Sync Windows Phone 7 with Outlook
    Does Windows Phone 7 sync to Outlook? - Microsoft Answers

With the coming syncing solution with WP8 I think all this stuff should be resolved..
    But the general take on this is that MS are pushing for their Cloud solution, and Office 365 is part of that..
    They're somehow pushing customers to sync Outlook with Office 365 and tackle everything on the Cloud from there on.. A stupid move to be honest, as first many enterprises don't allow Cloud services yet, and also for a smartphone Clouding is not yet the ideal solution considering data limits and costs!!

For me, Windows Live Mail does the job well.. But I know for some such light solutions aren't enough and hence the need for Outlook and reason for Outlook's existence in the first place! A stupid move from MS no doubt about it! And this has been even a deal breaker for many previous WM users btw, who had to upgrade to non-Windows phones!

For now, there is Office 365, and there are other apps for tasks/notes/appointments including Windows Live Calender (not for notes) of course..

There is a whole thread tackling the battery issue of the Lumia.. It's just few entries down in this sub-section..

In brief, some Lumia variants had battery usage problems, Nokia released an update which resolved that but just to trigger another battery problems in hanRABets which had none before the update!
    If yours is empty in just half a day with minimal usage, then most probably you're affected..
    Check if there is any recent update for your phone through Zune, and apply it if any..

If you're uptodate, I don't think there is much you can do about it other than hit a NCP and try to get a replacement from them..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

Yes, jus rapid notes, not necessary temporay. There are things I'm not allowed to put in the cloud and as I wrote before it is quite expensive abroad. I'll go to the Marketplace, maybe I find something.

No problem, I can still use my Nokia97 to sync with Outlook so far.

I tried to update my Lumia 800 but no updates were available.

B.R. Nikomakhos

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

OneNote doesn't need Skydrive.. You can make notes and save them on your phone normally.. No need to sync them to the Cloud.. Even if there is an Internet connection running.. Same thing regarding tasks and appointments in the Calender..

There is of coruse Evernote if you need something fully featured and professional..
    There are also light apps like Tiled Notes which can stick notes to live tiles on the home screen..

What's the firmware's version you're on?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

I installed Notepad and it seems to be OK. I can even send it as e-mail or SMS.

OS version is 7.10.8107.79, software version 1600.2483.8107.11501, equipment version 112.1402.2.4

B.R. Nikomakhos

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

Yeah that's the latest update.. Regarding the battery better to check the "issues" thread in this section as well as the links posted there, and also you could check by a NCP to see what they could offer..

And thanks for that app hint.. I just checked it and it's really one great app!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

I had the same problem after updating to the latest software. Battery lasted less than 12 hours with hardly any use. Was ok before the update.

So I went back to the previous version (via Zune) and re installed the latest software and the problem went away. Might be worth trying.

Nasib

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

As an FYI, and right off-topic, but Microsoft released OneNote for Android last week, other apps to follow. Usual Microsoft bloat of course, but hopefully it'll get streamlined over time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

If OneNote is labeled as bloat, what is labaled as not bloat?!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

Sorry but my mother language is not English. As if I understand bloat meand too much filled or something like that. For me OneNote very usefull (full of use). For instance when I'm abroad I don't use my Lumia but use my computer in hotel's WLAn or in Internet cafe to see my notes.

B.R. Nikomakhos

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

On the weekend I tested my Lumia's battery. I loaded it full on Friday 9 PM and it was almost empty on Sunday 9 AM. No calls only a two times Bluetooth was on when I used heaRABet in my car. So the battery lasted about 36 hours. On Sunday I loaded the battery full again at noon (12) and it was empty on Monday 9 AM. No calls, I used the alarm clock in the morning. Battery lasted 21 hours. Not yet new programs that would use Internet connections. The battery times are quite far from the promised 335 hours.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information