Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

First I must say that I like my new Lumia and it seems interesting. I have tested it only a little time but I have some notions. The reason for some of them might be that I don't know my Lumia very well yet.

Good:
    * Quite easy to use
    * SkyDrive and Office are very useful

Bad:
    * No connection to my computer (Windows!)
    * Nokia Suite recognizes my Lumia but cannot make connection to it
    * Nokia Drive seems to be quite limited compared to the older Nokia phones

B.R. Nikomakhos

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

i think you have to use zune to connect it to your windows pc mate :-) hope you enjoy your new phone :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

For me it seems that Zune is meant for music, videos and images. I'd like to synchronize work and other information with my computer and Lumia. This was possible with N97 and other Nokia phones. It was easy to make notes in Outlook and synchronize them with Outlook calendar.

I know that I can do something like that with the SkyDrive. Put the problem is that when I'm abroad I don't want to use expensive Internet connection there. Anyway Nokia Suite was useful and it had meny practical functions.

B.R. Nikomakhos

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

apparently theyare building a new nokia/microsoft suite for syncing etc hopefully we see some release soon even if its an early version for end users

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

You need a hotmail account activated on the phone, then everything syncs itself (calendar, notes, contacts etc.) Documents, photos etc. can be synced via Zune or using office - one note is exceptionaly good.

Barrie

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

I'd like to be one of your Nokia/Microsoft suite testers. I'm testing also Windows 8 and Panda Cloud Office Beta.

Barrie, I have Hotmail/Live account on my phone. What should sync itself, Outlook - Lumia?

And sorry all about my worRAB Good and Bad. In the future I will use only the worRAB Good and Could be better or something like that.

B.R. Nikomakhos

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

All MS services will sync automatically each time you connect your phone to the PC though Zune.. Note that you could also connect wirelessly through your home Wlan..

And check out this webpage: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/my

Nothing wrong in constructive critism.. On the contrary it is much needed specially that WP is just one year old and has some improvements to go through still..
    You can also send all your feedbacks directly to MS..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

I usually have distance work (working at home (near work?)) but today I was in my workplace and couldn't see this discussion. Anyway could you explain what you mean with "MS". For me it's Microsoft. I almost can't wait that Outlook and Lumia work together.

Good

When someone calls me I have to slide up before I can answer. With N7 I sometimes slide "Don't answer" when I take the phone from my pocket

Could be better

* I miss profiles
    * I hope I could see my Lumia in my computer like I see my N97 etc. (as directories)
    * I'd like to make notes with my Lumia wihout connecting Internet for instance abroad

By the way where in My Nokia? When I try to go to that page it turns me to Nokia's main page. The page https://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/my seems to be like that but I cannot increase the my other phones.

B.R. Nikomakhos

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

This will never happen.. Not without a hack..

What do you mean exactly? Make notes and sync them to PC?

No more such Nokia services.. It's all about Microsoft's Windows Live now.. The link you have and Zune software are all you have to manage your account and syncing..

MS are working on new syncing software and solutions coming at the end of this year.. So there is something to look forward to in case current solutions don't meet your neeRAB..

Regarding Outlook, it should work as well.. I use Windows Live Mail and it also syncs automatically.. But there were some problems with Outlook 2003 before, should be resolved by now, you have to check though if you use the 2003 version..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 800 - Good and Bad

Thank you again.

With notes in Lumia I mean something like "Memorybook" (or whatever it is in English, I'm in Finland) like in N97. There is no need to sync it. For instance when my wife calls me and asks me to get this and that before I come home, I used N97's "memorybook". Naturally when I can sync my Lumia with Outlook in the future, this will do.

I have Outlook 2010. What's the situation with that?

Could be better

The battery should last longer. Yesterday evening I loaded it full and in the middle of the day it was empty. I didn't have Bluetooth or WLAN in use, no phone calls.

B.R. Nikomakhos

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information