Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lumia 900

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

hehe.. Well if I were you I wouldn't give much attention.. WP bashers over foums and blogs will keep doing so for any reason they see fit till they either give up or no one takes them seriously anymore..

Yes that's the Pentile matrix screen in action...
    The HD7's display is one of its weak points btw with its slow response time refreshing itself and and its a classical TFT LCD.. But no pixelation at all!

Anyway, in comparison no GSII owner ever complained about pixelation for instance, note that the GSII is a regular RGB matrix with that Super AMOLED Plus.. It has a ppi of just 220 btw..

The Lumia 800 has a ppi of 250, same as Moto Razr with its relatively higher resolution but bigger screen.. Both Pentile btw..

And the latest Nexus even with its 316 ppi due to its HD display, in certain cases, the Pentile artifacts are to be recognized..
    Anyway, I hope the Lumia 800, Galaxy Nexus, and Razr to be the last Pentile phones to be released! It's time that regular RGB AMOLERAB be standardized!!

And as an ultimate proof against this resolution myth, the iPad along with all other Android tablets feature around the 130 ppi!!!
    And we view both tablets and smartphones at same distance to our eyes!

So if there are users complaining about pixelation with current smartphones, then they better throw their tablets out of the window!!

Having higher HD resolution delivers a better experience indeed, but it's not a must! It's not a deal breaker not having them. It's a plus factor! Devices with no such high ppi are still very much usable... The Pentile ones though, no matter what ppi they offer, they're still inferior in certain cases..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

nokia will be hitting the marketing campain hard for the lumia devices including the 900

you can see the videos and read more here Nokia launches new commercials for the Lumia 900 and Lumia 710, along with a ton of other new videos - GSMArena Blog

all the videos are in the link above and there are some other videos with elop talking about the 900 and others like the making of the 900 so its worth checking out

thought id post here instead of opening a new thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Any ideas on the price? T-Mobile is offering the Lumina 710 right now for $100 with a $50 rebate. I have seen several aRAB for it already.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Congratulations, Nokia, now get to work | CES 2012: Smartphones - CNET Blogs

Nokia Lumia 900 won the official award of the best smartphone in CES 2012.. The awarRAB event is hosted by Cnet, and above is an article from Cnet's Kent German that's worth reading and discussing!

And here's an article from the Cult of Mac:
    Looking For A Worthy Competitor To Apple? Nokia’s Got The GooRAB [CES 2012] | Cult of Mac

This article coming from an (unofficial) Apple media outlet, confirms the latest trend started by American media that WP phones are here to offer iPhone's UX on a variety hardware while Android is still giving the best specs on the expense of UX..

Of course one could argue that it's in Cult of Mac's interest to bash Android by labeling them as B products, but labeling the Lumia 900 as the first A product to rival the iPhone is also worth noting..
    Specially that his trend of stressing on quality and UX and relegating the specs, for first time maybe, is taking place on many media platforms from mainstream ones the way down to small players.. And this is exactly the push Nokia and MS need going in 2012 and in the US market.. We shall see how the sales will turn out to be by the end of this year though..

But at least hints for some success are there..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Just wondering, on what merits did it win the CES?

I can't actually see why it won.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

That "Cult of Mac" article reminRAB me why I despise Apple "fanboys" so much ainkiller:. Apple products are great - but their fanboys are truly, truly nauseating :lalala:.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Obviously I don't read them.. I took the link from another forum..
    But the point I wanted to stress out here is how the media is getting this new Lumia family of Nokia running MS Windows Phone..
    To me, media, specifically American media, will always be the major and nuraber one factor influencing the success of tech products!

Whether we agree with these articles or not, their influence on the market can't be denied..

You'd have eventually to use a WP to know what it's all about, but like I said on the other thread, I consider myself a power smartphone user and I see WP fitting me more than Android!
    For calling, emailing, chatting and SMSing, social networking, Office, etc.. These common tasks that are used on all smartphones, WP is best for first time users as well as power users!
    Android is best for geeks, not just power users.. Users who like spend more time on their smartphone not just for productivity and entertainment (gaming and video) purposes. It gives those features not available on WP and iOS like usb mass storage, file manager, ultimate customisation package, and of course tinkering through third-party ROMs and Kernels..

The only department I see WP still lagging in is gaming, due to a lack of big and newest titles, but with XBox Live on board, when these titles arrive to WP and new titles get released for all three major platforms simultaneously, then WP will have the upper hand in this department also..

Add to it the fresh and unique yet high-quality industrial design of the Lumias, and you have a winning mix!

To me WP is a better iOS, while Android is a better Syrabian.
    UX vs specs and features..

To me personally two major points to consider: Nokia's imaging expertise (awaiting the WP N8 successor), and as long as the smartphone does what I want from it, then I look for best UX with this certain package of requirements.. And Lumias so far have the most potential to fulfill both of my requirements.. And many more I think. Specially all those N8 users like me who jumped on Nokia's board because of N8's camera more than anything else..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

You're right.. You can prefer Android as a power user as well. I should have phrased my argument better in stating more clearly what advantages WP and Android have against each other.. But we already went through this I think..
    But I believe this summed it pretty well: WP is a better iOS, Android is a better Syrabian.

Anyway, the point to stress is that there are reasons to prefer WP, and not just by minority, but by many consumers once they realise what it is really about..
    Specially when we put Google's and MS's services into the equation and how many subscribers each company has using these services..

There was also the Titan II with the 2.8" sensor 16MP camera and LTE as well.. Also for At&t though! The ZTE Tania was debutted in the US as well, but this is not a high-end WP..
    There were the Razr Maxx and the two Sony new smartphones, Xperia S and Xperia Ion.. Not sure if there were more high-enRAB though as new products..

Anyway, I recommend reading Kent German's article linked above.. He summed it up pretty well why the Lumia 900 was picked.. You can agree or disagree of course..

There will be 900-series Lumias coming to Europe and world-wide soon. MWC is a very probable announcement event..

Nokia had to re-enter the US market in a big manner!
    Both because it's the biggest individual market around, but more importanlty getting the US media to MS and Nokia side could be the changing factor itself!! Of course in case they make some worthy products to praise.. But this seems the case in CES!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

I did, looks like he hardly used it. And he said, 'potentially' great phone. Absoloutly nothing about general use other than

That's doesn't sound like anything to base an award on in my opinion. Can't help but wonder how much that award cost Microsoft/Nokia?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Can't we just be happy that people are liking Nokia's new devices?! Criticism when things don't go well for them, scathing remarks when things do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information