Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lumia 900

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Can't seem to make a new thread in the lumia section so I'll put it here.

I think really Nokia should have put in more RAM and a higher resolution screen. The resolution is the same on the lumia 800 and sometimes, particularly in the Seesmic app, I can see the pixels forming the letters. I don't really know how that will look on a screen with bigger dimensions but same resolution.

mommy_of_2

Lumia 900

Is there a confirmed spec sheet for the 900?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

yep its basically an att version of the lumia 800 , its the same cpu/gpu/ram/internal memory/design/

i think it just has a bigger screen and that is all

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

I saw them on the nokia site...but I can't find them now. It's pretty much lumia with front camera, 4.3 inch screen and LTE support

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Not really much to write home about. Wheres Nokias high end device?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Yeah, read about that today- its certainly not enough to make me give up my N8.

Slightly disappointed to be honest- windows phone with a high end camera + true HD 1080p recording would have made me consider getting one.

Especially coupled with the 4.3 inch screen- nice!

8MP just ain't good enough for me anymore.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Windows Phone is restricted to 800x480 screen resolution - which explains why you get tiny fonts on the Lumia 800; as the screen scales down in physical size, pixels get smaller. Hopefully Microsoft will do something about this in Tango - without true screen scalability WP will be dead from the outset in the smaller form factor "feature-phone" market.

The Lumia 900 does leave a big feeling of "meh" with me, I was hoping for a bit more, though it does seem to have the same case & screen as the 800, which is very sexy. Let's hope the price is right.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Why more RAM?

As to the resolution, I agree that more would be welcomed, and HD resolutions are coming to WP this year, but it's necessary to apply same procedure as Windows 8 and I think MS will go for the same..
    That is having three standarRAB, low (nHD), medium (current one), and high (HD 720) one.. For low-enRAB, midranges, and high-enRAB respectively.. And not what the case by Android is like where each OEM going for the resolution they want making it a horror nightmare for developers!!

Going more than 1280*720 on a 5" screen and down wouldn't make sense as the human eye won't notice the difference.. So there you go, three different resolutions where developers have to release three different versions for each of these three standarRAB just like W8 and its own three resolution standarRAB..

The nHD should be coming in about six months with Tango (debut on devices early Summer), while HD should be coming at the end of the year along with multi-core support with Apollo..

But for now, what pixels are you seeing on your Lumia with Seesmic? I downloaded it extra just to see for myself and couldn't recognize any pixelation on the 4.3" HD7!
    Where exactly in the app are you seeing those?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Any red text on the twitter feed. Peoples twitter names in the fees. Maybe its just the lumia screen. And more RAM to shut people up about it only having 512 lo---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------Nokia Lumia 900 eschews PenTile, has regular RGB subpixel arrangement instead | WMPoweruserOk well thats a bit betterJust had a read about pentile displays...half as many red and blue pixels as green. Surely that explains why red letters look pixellated?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information