Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lumia 900

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Of course it's a potentially great phone!
    This is CES! It's all about prototypes and early versions and announcements.

It's not about full reviews tackling each of those candidates in each category for several days!! These are not end consumers products yet!

Anyway, the Lumia 900 won because it's the best overall package! It's not about comparing the nurabers on the specs sheet!

It's not just Cnet you know.. It's the whole blogosphere.. All mainstream media.. Did MS and Nokia just bought them all??
    Even Apple fans are praising the Lumia, and not just based on that article from Cult of Mac, but on general real users comments..

Anyway, why don't you elaborate on why another phone should have picked the award?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

I always question things, it's my nature, I have done with everything on this forum. To me, it seems as though theres very little reason given for it to have won the award.

I'm not saying it didn't deserve it, merely that if they said why then it would have been a lot more interesting (and beleiveable).

To be honest I couldn't care less if people liked it anymore, Nokia lost my business when they treated me like an idiot time after time. Even if the phone is good, I see far too many issues on the Lumia and Nokias good ol support treating people badly to praise them much. Like I have said before, it's not just about putting out a good phone, it's the whole expirence which includes aftercare.

They are their own worst enemies, Nokia discussions is absoloutly full of people saying 'this would be a great phone if...'. Looks to me like the Lumia wants to be a good phone but Nokia isn't letting it.

I hope we don't see a host of problems with the L900, because I really don't want just Android and IOS competeing against each other.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

I'm cynical about the award. The organisers of CES will be bending over backwarRAB to keep Microsoft happy, as Microsoft stated they wouldn't necessarily be attending next year's CES, which will leave a monstrous hole in CES finances. CES lost Apple a few years ago, and now may well lose Microsoft .... what better way to try to keep them sweet than fling awarRAB at them?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Oh come on guys! What is it that you have against the Lumias to hate them in such a religious way?!

1- Journalists voted, not CES organizers.
    2- MS are not returning to CES whether they'd have won all possible awarRAB this year or none at all! They already sold their booth area which happens to be the most valuable btw.
    3- The Lumia 900 is one promising smartphone.
    4- The thing about avoiding CES is the timing! Whereas earlier it was the trend to announce products way early on, now Apple changed all that pushing it to minimal time intervals between announcing and releasing!
    Earlier regardless of the tech category, everyone would announce their products months to a year or even more earlier. This was meant to give the stocks some boost and keep the shareholders happy, racing to be the first to anncounce a new product which will make fans and general consumers happy, and keep waiting for products instead of jumping on other current competing products.
    Apple showed a smarter approach to release products.
    5- Cheers!!

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

BTW, when discussing the latest Lumia with a friend of mine, he mentioned that it doesn't have the same curved glass of the Lumia 800!! He quoted a French site and also sent some photos..

Is it true? If so, I hope Nokia won't go for the same with later European products!
    I find that curvature one of the best features in the Lumia 800!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Nokia Lumia 900 coming to the UK shores in June courtesy of CPW. Expect lots of promos come summer time.

Nokia Lumia 900 will hit UK's Carphone Warehouse in June - GSMArena.com news

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Page now removed from CPW's website.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Just checked and now gone lol.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lumia 900

Forget the Nokia Lumia 900, now there's talk of a Nokia Lumia 910 with a 12mp camera! I'm guessing this could be the GSM variant of the Lumia 900 or the Windows Phone successor to the N8 perhaps? Curiouser and curiouser.

Nokia Lumia 910 shows up on Dutch retailer's website - GSMArena.com news

Lumia 900

Lumia 900 (GSM) and Lumia 610 to be announced at MWC this weekend along with Nokia Pureview 808 which is being labelled as a successor to N8.

Nokia Lumia 610 and Lumia 900 likely for MWC | News | TechRadar

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information